Chapter 2: Meeting the family

As I walked out of my room, I could hear my 10 year old brother Max yelling in his room, I peaked through the door crack and saw that he was playing Minecraft. I seriously don't see how great Minecraft is, its just building stuff..... boring!

"Max, dinners ready" I said as I opened his door.

Just then something hard hit me on the side of my head."Ouch!" I yelled.

I heard laughing. I growled.

"What was that for?!?!" I shouted.

I saw my brother, Matt with one of his disgusting friends, Jesse. He was sleeping over. This was going to be a long night.

"Hey Ash!' Jesse said with a wink. He keeps asking me out and I keep saying no cos he's a player. He dates a girl, has s*x with her then dumps her. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Your dinners going cold!' Mum yelled.

"I'm coming" I yelled back.

Mum had made a chicken stir fry for dinner.

I groaned.

"Honey, I cooked some extra pasta and veggies for you" Mum said.

I was a vegetarian. Once I went on a school excursion and we saw cows getting slaughtered. so ever since then the idea of eating meat horrifies me.

"So, Jesse, I heard you got accepted into the University of Melbourne?" mum asked. Matt and Jesse were both seniors and doing their last year of high school. I was in year 10. And max was in year 5.

I didn't really listen to the end of their conversation. I was too hyped for that phone call. Oh sh!t. I've gotta find my charger!. I quickly ate my dinner, rinsed my plate and raided my room chucking things everywhere. at the end of my search my room was a pigsty.

I walked out ready to look in the loungeroom when I saw Max playing with what looked like a black cord which mysteriously looked like my phone charger.

it was.

"MAX!" I yelled."Give me my phone charger NOW!"

"No, I'm playing with it" he replied.

I struggled to get it off him but he finally gave in. It only had a few knots but it would still work.

I plugged my charger into the wall and connected it to my phone.

At least it was Friday. No more school.... until Monday. oh well.

I had a quick shower,brushes my teeth and went to bed. I saw Harry (Styles) tweet "announcing the winner of the "Little things" comp tomorrow, can't wait to meet her!"

I smiled and looked at the picture on my bedside table. it was a picture of me and my dad. He died 3 years ago in the war.

I then drifted off to sleep.

comment or vote if you want more to the story.... :)