Teddy G.D🐻

With the flick of your wrist, the last ring landed perfectly around a bottle.

"And that's a win!" the worker at the ring toss booth cheered.

You smiled triumphantly, giggling as the worker reached towards the giant prize.

"So what can I get the lady?"

You turned to face your boyfriend, who stood behind you, a look of pure admiration on his face, his brown eyes, gleaming, his hair a slight mess from the rides you both had taken earlier. He lifted his hand to give you a well deserving high five.

"What's it going to be Grayson?" you teased, cocking your head towards the booth. He laughed, ponting at a giant brown teddy bear, with big eyes.

"Thank you sir." he thanked the worker, while accepting the prize. You reached for his hand, as you thanked the booth worker once agai, before joining the others on the crowed expanse of land covered with rides, concession stands, and the various game booths.

You made your way though the night, brightened by the lights of the carnival. Blues, reds, greens, pinks and so forth. All around the people were jovial. The air was filled with traditional carnival music, the laughs of others, and the smell of popcorn and greasy pizza.

"What are we going to name him?" you asked Grayson, reaching out for the giant bear. He handed it to you, laughing.

" I don't know. Teddy? Or something?" he teasingly pondered.

" I'm serious Gray!" you replied, holding back laughter. You looked away from him, out onto the ferris wheel ahead of you looked away from him, out onto the ferris wheel ahead of you, smiling as you said:

'This is the first giant prize I have won in all of our years together. Every year I leave here with a giant teddy bear you won for me. I finally won ring toss. This is a historic moment, and we need to name this big guy."

"That can wait." You were about to retort back, when suddenly he was leading you in a different direction. Before you knew it, he pulled you into a photo booth.

The unnamed teddy bear fell at your feet, as he pulled you close to his side, one hand around your shoulders, the other reaching over to shut the curtains.

You couldn't help but smile. He turned to you, eyebrows slightly raised, a smirk on his face. You shook your head, mumbling a "your so cheesy Dolan".

"Look up babe" as the countdown began, he leaned in kissing your cheek, your eyes closed and a heartfelt smile on your face.

As the countdown began again, you turned to face him, lovingly smiling, and he caught your lips in a chaste kiss. Both of you smiling into it.

Pulling away, his free hand ressted on your cheek, as you giggled, telling him to stop while he kissed your neck.

Finally, he stopped, the both of you facing each other, soft goofy smiles of love on your face, your hearts full for one another.

The faint sounds of the photo strip printing brought you back to reality, as you gasped, stumbling out of the photo booth, Grayson laughing behind you.

As you reached for the photo strip, you smiled sheepishly, a blush forming on you cheek at an elderly couple next in line.

And they were smiling at you too. Because nothing beats young love. You felt a familiar hand grab yours, as he pulled you into the crowd.

"Look at this" you softly said, smiling at the photos.

"They're great aren't they?" Grayson teased, an arm around your shoulders as you walked back to the bronco.

When you finally settled into your seats, you handed him the photos. You watched as his face, lit up, a smile forming instantly, pointing out how you were slightly blushing in each photo. His brown eyes met with yours, bringing up a hand to your neck, and he leaned across the console to catch your lips into another kiss.

You pulled away a few seconds in, a sudden epiphany taking you over.

"What's wrong?" he asked taking in your sudden change in expression.

You smiled slightly, your voice guilty. But you couldn't help laugh.

"We forgot the teddy bear in the booth..."

With that, the bronco filled with two sets of laughter.

And as you walked back into the carnival, hand in hand, despite trying to reason with him it was alright, that you would probably end up bringing the same teddy bear home next year. He didn't take no for an answer.

Because that giant teddy bear was the part of an "histroic" moment.

(by somemellifluouswords on tumblr)