Chapter One

"Mom!" Lena yelled out. Elise and Lena were helping a family of three who thought something happened to their son. The female quickly ran over to Elise who had been thrown against the wall and had fallen to the floor from the demon inside of the family's son, Duncan. Lena shook her, "Mom! Mom come on! I need you!" She yelled out holding the other in her arms. They had never been in a situation as bad and scary as this one. Duncan was far from gone. They needed to kill this demon. The demon had already killed his parents by now and all that was left was Lena and a wounded Elise. Lena, having been with Elise for a long time, knew what she needed to do. She quickly dug her hands through the bag of equipment they brought with them that was now on the ground. Lena pulled out the cross they kept with them and looked at Duncan who''s eyes were a firey yet deep black like a black hole.  The female held out the silver cross towards Duncan as she stood there yelling at Duncan, "Leave this vessel! Leave this vessel! Leave! This! Vessel!" The female repeatedly yelled. However, it didn't work. The demon walked towards her and with a grin grabbing the cross with brute force before tearing it into her arm giving her a long scar on her arm. She cried in pain as blood started to pour rapidly down her now wounded arm. She grabbed Duncan by the shoulders and then tried to grab the cross from him. They got into a fight for a moment and Duncan went to stab the female but missed and stabbed himself. Lena's eyes widened as she watched the other slowly bleed out black blood as he slowly fell to the ground. Lena gasped with widened eyes as she watched the scene. She slowly backed up and jumped when she felt someone she quickly turned and saw a saddened Elise there. She sighed quietly as she shook her head, "I can't believe it came to this..." She said quietly with another sigh, "We failed..." She stated. Lena looked at her with teary eyes. She shook her head, "I tried... I really did try, mom..." She said quietly. Elise shook her head and pulled her daughter into a warm embrace of a hug, "It's okay. We tried... We can't save everyone..." Elise sighed quietly, "I think I'm done doing readings now..." The female stated. Lena nodded looking at her, "I don't blame you..." Lena told her. Elise shook her head, "Let's fix the mess that happened here then get to heading home..." She said. Lena nodded and would help her mother fix the house for a good hour before the two would head home terrified of the events that had happened that night.