Page 9

"Just hope she doesn't try to adopt you," Draco said and I smiled, as Draco leaned in by my hair. "Thank you for standing up for me," he whispered in my ear. I nodded and he moved away, looking back at the food. "You really should eat something."

"I'm not hungry."

"Yes, but you're skinny," he stated. "Come on. It's practically a buffet here! Alright, you're eating this toast, this pasty, and... this tart." He put them on a plate and handed them to me. "Eat." I finished and we finished our classes.

"You're getting close to Draco," Loren came to me in the hall.

"Well, I am staying at Malfoy Manor for break," I said.

"There he is." She giggled and we looked to see Draco wave at me as he walked by. I gave a small smile and watched him walk into a wall. Draco immediately looked away and quickly walked away.

"You know he likes you, right?" Loren asked.

"Yep. It's obvious," I giggled. "Do you think you like anyone?"

"Actually, Blaise is pretty nice. He helped me with work from McGonagall's class."

"When was this?" I asked.

"A few days ago. We were in the library." I nodded and got to my commons.

"I guess I'll see you after break," I told Loren.

"After break," she nodded and we parted ways. Draco was already in the commons and stared at me.

"The-The wall was closer than I expected..." He went quiet towards the end and I nodded, going to my room. I got my bags, ready to leave the next day.

We got on the train the next day and I sat with Draco.

"You'll actually spend time with my mum?" Draco asked.

"Yes. She's nice," I said.

"You'll see how she can be," Draco smiled. "What about Potter? Is he going to the wretched Weasley's house?"

"No. Harry's going back to our aunt and uncle's house. He's going to definitely suffer."

We got to the platform and Lucius and Narcissa were waiting for us. We went to the Manor and I was taken to the room I was first at. There was a soft knock on the door just as I finished unpacking my bags into the drawers.

"Come in," I said.

"Carissa, dear," Narcissa walked in.

"Mrs. Malfoy."

"You can call me Narcissa."

"Thank you for having me, Narcissa."

"Of course! We always have a winter ball, so the 4 of us will go shopping tomorrow. Today you can rest. Draco's already fallen asleep." She left and I lied down. I slept and felt more refreshed in the morning. Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, and I went shopping and I tried on dresses.

"No... no... no," Draco said and sighed. "Make it match my suit."

"So black and white?" I asked from behind the dressing curtain.

"Yes."

"How about this?" I tried one on, coming out, and he nodded.

"Perfect," he smiled.

"Why do I need to match you?"

"It's a ball and you're dancing with me."

"Draco, your father and I will keep looking. Why don't you take Carissa to look around?" Narcissa asked.

"Yes, mother." I quickly bought the dress and Narcissa had me leave it with her. Draco and I walked around Diagon alley, looking at some of the sweets shops. "Have you ever been to Knockturn Alley?" Draco asked me.

"No?" I asked.

"I'll show you around. We will have to come down here for some... business," Draco said and I knew exactly what he meant. For Voldemort's business. Draco led me and a bunch of shady people stared at us.

"What is a Potter doing down here?" Someone asked and stepped out of the shadows next to me.

"She's with me, Fenrir," Draco said and Fenrir put his hands up, walking back into the shadows. Draco led me along and quickly grabbed my hand, making me feel a little bit safer. "This is Borgin and Burkes." Draco opened the door and let me in first. We looked around and Draco nudged me to follow him. I did and he took me to a necklace on a pedestal. There was a warning label on it and I read it.

Do not Touch! Cursed. Has claimed the lives of nineteen Muggle owners to date.

"I have to buy this," Draco whispered in my ear.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because as you outed, my task is to kill Dumbledore. This might kill him," Draco said.

"You'll fail."

"What?"

"Dumbledore is 500 give or take a few hundred, Draco. I'm sure he's seen or heard of this before."

"I have you get it and try, Carissa," Draco said.

"Draco," Lucius walked in with Narcissa. There was a whole crew of death eaters behind them, watching me. "Ah. You found the necklace."

"I've told you, Lucius, Albus Dumbledore isn't going to be interested in the necklace," Narcissa said.

"The only way you might get this to him is if someone else got cursed by it first," I said.

"Hush," Bellatrix told me.

"No, Bella, she's right," Narcissa said.

"A Potter shouldn't even be allowed in here!" Bellatrix said. "They're always just too nice!"

"Bellatrix!" Lucius snapped and she went quiet. They bought the necklace and made sure not to touch it. Draco walked next to me and we went back to Diagon Alley. The death eaters left us and Draco quickly pulled me into Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. We walked around and Fred and George thought it would be fun to scare me.

"Boys!" I scoffed as they laughed.

"What are you doing hanging out with Malfoy?" Fred asked.

"I'm staying at Malfoy Manor and they have a ball. So Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, and I came to shop for clothes," I said.

"Where is Malfoy anyway?" George asked.

"Lucius is a snob," Fred said.

"He's a rich, shady man," George said.

"He's a rich, shady snob," they both smiled and I shook my head.

"He hasn't said a word to me," I said.

"He's like that. Come, mum's taking us back," Draco came over and pulled me out. We went back to the Manor and Narcissa gave me the dress which I hung in my closet. Draco walked in and sat on my bed.