Chapter 5 :Open book

Iyana

"Hey girl!" Nyla exclaimed as she sat next to me in British literature.

"Hello hun. Wassup?" I asked smiling back.

"So is it true?" She asked excitedly.

"Ummmm what? I'm lost." I admitted.

"You know!  You and marq! So like are yall an item now? Because everybody is talking...." she stated.

"First off. Ummm I don't know nobody named Mark! Secondly, I don't give a damn what everybody talking bout." I stated rolling my eyes and smacking my lips.

"Oh my god Iyana, no need to get all "Southside attitude" on me. And I'm talking about marquees. Everybody calls him marq." She said.

"Wow...did you ask him these questions or are you looking for a specific answer from me?" I asked completely bothered.

"I don't talk to him like that. Will you just answer the damn question. Yay or nah!" She said as the teacher entered the class which caused everyone to quiet down.

"Actually yes. If you must know, me and marquees are back together.

"Omg! Well I'm happy for you girl." She said as I focused on the board. By the time I'd gotten out of classes I'd somehow gained the popularity of an athlete. It was weird as hell. I mean technically I was already an athlete but today I was a pro. I was quite confused at first until my bladder forced me to use a crowded girls bathroom and the chick's parted like the red sea. Right to an empty stall where I was able to use the washroom without waiting a second. Shidd I thought to myself. I can definitely get use to this. 

Marquees was a total gentlemen. He always handled me with care and respect and I could honestly say he loved me. Well at least he acted like he did. I was eating that shit up too. The entire semester consisted of being spoiled and wined and dined. My grades were good. I was one of the best dancers on my squad. And I had the guy of my dreams. My second semester was perfect. I couldn't wait for what the summer had to offer me.

Marquees

I was driving towards Twon house to pick him up. We were heading to the mall and I couldn't wait to get back home so I could go get Iyana. Twon hopped in and I drove to the mall. We got in there and the bitches was all over us. They always were. One in particular caught my eye because she was real thick and light but I just smiled and kept it moving. I had a girl and I was satisfied with her. So I bought the few items I'd come for and me and Twon left.

"Aye you see Kenya?" he asked once we got in the car.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"That thick red chick that was just in the mall. The one who gave me a hug." He said.

"Aw yea I peeped shorty. She nice." I admitted.

"Man shit yea." He said.

"You hit?" I asked with a questionable glare.

"Nah G, you know I use to fuck with her sister. We just cool. Besides she seems to have a crush on you." He said.

"Word?" I asked surprised.

"Nigga you couldn't tell?" he asked before he chuckled.

"Nah, Ian even notice." I said.

"Well she like you." He said.

"I probably woulda took her lil thick ass down if I didn't have a girlfriend." I admitted.

"And how is that going?" he asked looking at me.