Heart strings

I was saundering through the woods, pressing my feets firmly on the ground as if I would fall off from it any second. My eyes felt misty. Was I weeping? No, no way. I had a whole dreary winter laying before me. Crying was the last thing I want to do.

              "Mother, it’s a great pleasure you are here". I looked up to the origin of the voice. A small nest was resting on a willow tree. The tree had shed most of its leaves. My eyes caught a glimpse of a little bird hiding behind its mother. "Keep them safe" I whispered to the tree. It shook gently. 

               I wanted to get out of this wood. I turned back.  There was a man inches away from me. His brownish blond hair set perfectly, body erect and strong.  It was the most handsome Winter. He asked "So, you surprised seeing me". "Actually I am" I replied. He cleared his throat and started “See Miss Mother, Earth or whatever they call you. I am Winter I reach everywhere and to every being in this whole wide world". I was excited and happy. Being with Winter is going to be fun. 

 "So, you went to see Amaterasu." I asked looking right into his eyes. "Of course, I did. I asked her if she can stay in that cave forever" he joked. Actually he does that every year. "Autumn asked me to inform you about his arrival this year. He is planning to arrive right after me" he added. "What!" I shrieked. I was out of my mind that I actually believed the gibberish. "You really love him right!" he commented, a hint of smile playing on his lips. "No I don't" I blushed. I am really weak in suppressing expressions. "The very strong mother earth in love with autumn" he shouted. Now there's nothing to hide, from the World and from my inner self. 

                            *_____________*

                        It's funny how quick time travels. Winter bid goodbye five months back and Spring too passed. Now it's half way of Summer. Spring was magnificent. Cherry blossoms were elegantly laid out. I was adorned with flowers as usual.

                   Everything went as planned until Summer arrived earlier. I was furious that I literally yelled at him. Violation of the laws of nature! Actually when man try to change nature, nature in return change its laws, in an attempt to change man. 

                           * _______________*

             Love is in air. Joy everywhere. Vine maple has turned orange and red. Monarch butterflies journeying to other lands. I saw a leaf falling and then with a swift movement I caught it."Gotcha, a lucky month" I murmured. 

            "Hey, Bewitching beauty" I heard a rock hard voice from behind the bushes. I know who used to call me by this enchanting name. This croaky voice rings in my ears every day. I neared the bushes. "Autumn" I murmured. He stood rooted to the ground, hands wide open. This blackish brown haired man is all I want. I ran to him. He felt like steel. 

             His eyes played tricks on mine. I can't stand him looking right into my eyes as if it is the prettiest thing he has ever seen.

              "Let's walk" he suggested. It's true that when I am in love and peace the world reflects it. "So, what are the plans?" He asked. "Just go with the flow" I answered” I am glad that you are finally here, I don't want any stupid plans to spoil it" I added. He doesn't seem to notice any of these. He is deeply lost in me. "You are blushing!" He noted. Oh god! He is setting me on fire.

                             * _______________*

                 It's bitter cold. Snow has arrived earlier. Chilly breeze sent shiver down my spine. My legs are feeling sore. "Hey Lady!"  Someone shouted from the trees. "Winter?" I asked. I looked up. A hint of smile juiced with misery and pleasure played on my lips.