Chapter One - Weird Conversation

"If I die, would you miss me?"

"Shut up! You're talking nonsense."

"Come on. Don't be such a baby. Just answer me."

"I won't miss you cause you're not gonna die."

"Please. Just answer me seriously Rye."

"Why do you even ask me such questions in the first place? It's not like that's gonna happ.. Wait, you're not dying, are you?"

"Hey.. What? No! I'm not dying. I just want to know your answer. That's all."

"Why?"

"Nothing. Fine. Forget it. Let's just go to class."

You're probably wondering what that was about. I was just having this weird chat with my bestfriend when suddenly he drops that D-word. Could you believe it? I mean, how can you have a normal conversation then suddenly mention death? That's just so awkward I don't wanna talk about it.

I hate deaths. I hate goodbyes. It breaks my heart. I know I'm being a drama queen but, hey that's just me. I mean, how can you accept the fact that someone close to you will just suddenly be ripped out of your life forever? I mean, that's just cruel, right?

By the way, I'm Rye Collins. Don't ask me about my name. I don't have any idea how my mom came up with that. I guess it's the first word that came out of her mouth when she was asked by the doctors. I don't really have any idea. Anyway, back to me. I'm a senior at St. Mary's Academy and I'm planning on studying with my weird bestfriend at the University of Saint Claire when we graduate.

Aside from the fact that it's just a few-minute ride from home, it's known for its excellent education. I am an only child which makes me kind of lonely but thanks to Dylan, I kind of overcame that loneliness. My family's not rich but we're also not poor. Just the average family you often see in televisions. I don't have a car so I often hitch a ride with my parents or with Dylan.

My bestfriend on the other hand is a whole new different story. Yes, he is an only child like me but his family is rich and when I say rich, I mean with a mansion, a pool, several cars and all those fancy things rich people own. But unlike any other richkid, my bestfriend is not spoiled. A little hard-headed, yes but never spoiled. His name is Dylan Evans.

Dylan and I were way too far from each other back then. I mean, I was just the small, insignificant girl at freshman year and he was like the freshman hottie. But one incident caused the great shift of our worlds and we collided with one another.

It was the most memorable day of my life. I found a friend. I found MY BESTFRIEND.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I know. I know. Chapter one's kind of crappy. I'm so sorry about that. I just kind of messed up my head a little bit cause I wrote it in like 11pm and I was sleepy back then. But I promise to make it better by the next chapter. I'm new here so.. Please don't be too rude. (With puppy dog eyes)

Anyways, updates will often be delayed because of school and stuff but I'll get to it whenever I have time.

Have a nice day everyone. Bye! ;)

- Yooneekorn xoxo