Chapter 3: Shipwreck

(Jimin's POV)

If I have to mess with this even one more minute, I feel like I am going to blow. Smiling face by smiling face greets me with false cheers, that were evident by their evil facade, congratulating me for my birthday. Person, after person shakes hands with me, and eventually, I forget any of their names or greetings. Father and Mother are the main people they want to speak to, and only addresses me if people ask me personal questions, or how they are excited for the future generation with my reign. 

How happy they seem to want to to see me on the throne. 

Giving me false honey slices that will only intoxicate, and ruin me when I am King, trying to advise and take over the kingdom. 

Which will never happen.

"Prince Jimin, Your Highness! Over here, please!" I hear someone yell behind me. As I turn around, I plaster a seemingly-genuine smile on my face, and greet the cameras with a nice little smile and wave from the main actor of the party. 

"Your Highness." I turn the other way around this time to see Jin Hyung approach me with his black suit and simple mask. Heads turn around as he passes, especially the heads of several giggling women as he elegantly dances through the thick crowds on the cruise. 

"Jin Hyung! You're finally here. Is something the matter?" I quietly asked, looking to the audience as if nothing was the matter, smiling, as if we were simply discussing the weather. 

"We have to turn the boat around. We have to get to land as soon as possible." Jin Hyung whispered, concerned clearly etched on his face through the black mask. "What do you mean, Hyung? You can't just expect me to tell my Father and all those on board that we have to turn back when it's my own party we're celebrating." I quickly hissed back, a nervous smile spreading across my face. Invisible cracks were forming around my caged, hard brick wall, waiting to burst outside the border. 

I'm going to blow any moment. 

"The captain requested me to pass on a message, Jimin. He said a storm is brewing. For your safety, and for His and Her Majesty, we have to set back in towards land now. This is the only chance we have before the storm catches up with us. And the captain also mentions that it seems like a big one, with the sea levels, wind, and everything." Jin Hyung urgently whispered in a low voice, trying to look deeply into my eyes for me to see the big problem at hand. 

Avoiding his eye contact, I replied, "No. It's not okay. I get it. But Hyung, there's just too many people who are here for me today. People watching through their TV's, people on this boat, the crewmates of the cruise, the waiters, and even you; I can't let everyone down this fast. Continue on with the journey." With that, I gave him a polite smile, and quickly whirled around to set foot towards another attendee, when Jin Hyung forcefully grabbed my arm and made me look back at him again.

Shocked with his actions, I abruptly swung around to make eye contact with his, the surprised meeting the dark. 

Jin Hyung was never like this before.

"Jimin. Listen. To. Me." He said, his black eyes hitting straight through the cracks around my heart's walls, "I know you're like this because you know that your Father won't like this. You're afraid. I get that." He moved slightly away, slowly lowering my arms without letting go before fully facing me. 

"But you're different from him. I know that for a fact. The real Jimin I know wouldn't risk everyone's lives just for his pride and benefit. You know it, deep in your heart too. Turn the ship around, Jimin." Jin Hyung softly whispered, pleading with his hands clutched around my suit. 

No. 

I can't break down here.

"Then you don't know me then, Hyung." I coldly replied, brushing off his arms before turning around. I could sense the surprise, shock, anger and disappointment radiating off from him even though I didn't face him properly. "Tell the captain to follow the course. If a storm does come, put all passengers under cover inside the cruise. Do you understand?"