ii. Unclear Intentions

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

EARTH-847 GOTHAM CITY 2012... 11:54 PM

Zamira stirred in her sleep. A couch... a really nice blue couch. Her head snapped up almost immediately as she straightened up back. The men with guns. Her power. The man in the red helmet. Where the hell was she? It was dark, most likely late at night. She groaned as she sat up, noting the bandage on her side that someone had graciously dressed her wound with.

"Finally, you're a heavy sleeper."

"Where am I?" Her hand snapped towards the gun resting at the stand next to the couch.

"This is what I get when saving people," the man sighed, setting his mug down on the table before flicking a light switch, blinding her eyes.

"This is what you get when you kidnap me," Mira cocked the pistol and took aim. "On second thought, this is stupid," she tossed the gun to the ground, "You're still wearing that bullet-proof suit so that makes me the idiot here."

An amused chuckle slipped from his lips, "I thought you were the type to try anyway." He took another step towards her, "For the record, although bullets don't pierce my suit, they do slow me down due to the impact," He tilted his head and she could practically picture a smile, "just a little bit."

"Is it normal for civilians to have guns? Or are you some kind of hero?" Mira raised an eyebrow, eyeing him with distrust, "Perhaps even a villain, maybe?"

"Do people always assume one or the other?" he retorted, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Ah," She relaxed back on the couch, a smile lifting the corners of her lips, "So an anti-hero? Vigilante? Or... a bit of both?"

"A bit of both," he grinned, leaning against a wall. "Anyway, now that you're awake, do you plan on telling me who the hell are you and what you are doing in my city?"

"Your city?"

"Technical terms," he rolled his eyes through his red helmet. "Now answer me before I switch to some... more uncivilized forms of interrogation. And don't try to lie to me, I'm smart enough to know that a civilian isn't capable of killing twenty fully trained men."

"I'm a government agent," Mira stated blatantly, without even a second of hesitation, her eyes stared straight at the eye-holes of the helmet. "It's believable, isn't it? Because it's the truth."

Silence littered the air between them as they shared eye-contact, him, studying her facial expressions with great interest before he finally grunted, "Fine. Let's just say you are one. What were you doing there? I was only informed of those bastards today. I was going to take care of them... but then you came along and did that for me."