Notes

This is the last and third installment to the End-Live-Begin trilogy that I had planned ages ago. This collection will have a theme of postcard notes.

In case you don't know what postcard notes are, (I'm pretty sure some Gen Z people won't) these were the notes or short messages someone scribbles at the back of a postcard, and I wanted the poems here to have that feel--- short, not too deep or academic/literary, and easy to digest. I want this to be a collection of musings, focusing more on the initial thoughts rather than the afterthoughts so it's actually fine if someone won't even consider this poetry (haha.)

I just want to write what I think I would probably write on the back of postcards I would have sent (if they're still a thing today) and then wonder how the receiver would feel upon reading them. I always think about that kind of exchange. Imagine a world without social media or reading apps, just you and your peace, and then a postman arrives at your door, delivering a photo card of a tourist place somewhere, and at the back of it are scribbled notes by someone. To me, that's an amazing and mysterious form of communication that is almost like an art form itself.

That is how I envision Begin. I want this to be an exchange, and yet it is not. I want this to be words that you could scribble behind a card and then I want this to be unbound, full of possibilities. I want this to be a postcard, where you instantly read the note and the image of somewhere far, but it holds you for a while, and you'll keep it as old art.