Prologue

Before we get to the actual story:

Hi! Thanks for reading this! I'll do my best to make your time worth it :)

(This is my first time writing, so bear with me when I inevitably screw up. Any advice is appreciated! Also comment predictions/analysis/plots/theories you would like to share with me :)

Disclaimers:

This is the Ghosty Bois Inc AU by @WolfyTheWitch on Twitter. I didn't create this.

I will not be writing any smut or shipping anyone. It doesn't mean I'm against those who do write those things, just that, personally, I can't.

All backstories, families, etc. are 100% made up and have no connection to our reality. They are there for plot/entertainment purposes only and nothing else.

This is for your entertainment and my practice. None of this is legit or really based on anything IRL.

About the book:

MCYT characters: Tommyinnit, Tubbo, Technoblade, Wilbur Soot, Ph1LzA, Dream, Georgenotfound, Sapnap, Badboyhalo, Skeppy, Nihachu, Fundy, and Eret.

All other characters are ones I made up :)

The world this takes place in is similar to the one we live in, but because it would be boring not to have at least one big difference (other than the really really sentient ghosts), I also decided to add in some of my own tweaks.

Some basic history for the world: The main difference is the presence of magic, and how individuals of a human-ish species will manifest the ability to manipulate magic somewhere between 10-12 years of age. While certain 'classes' (they're not technically bloodlines) can be best known for certain abilities, the connection is faint at best and completely and dangerously misleading at worst.

The reason they're called 'classes' and not bloodlines is because they aren't related by blood. Instead, they're related by their past, hence the decade or so before manifestation.

It's essentially like a generalized adaptation: handing a lock-picking set to a kid who keeps getting locked in.

But since it kind of just *becomes*, how they use it is technically up to them as well.

Using the prior example, the kid could, theoretically, use the set to dismantle the room, completely ignoring the lock.

And it would work.

Hence the diversity (and confusion).

Humans don't know how this works, of course, no one in this universe really does. It's just history if you're curious :)

This species, in general, is known as 'Shifters', due to their ability to take on the appearance of an animal. This usually correlates to their class, though it also depends heavily on the individual.

Manifestation, however, leaves obvious physical markers as well, most prominent as a change in eyes, hair, and potential mutations such as fangs or scales, some of which might be permanent.

Shifters have always existed, but somewhere along the line one family came out on top of all others and struck a truce with humans. Ever since, Shifters unrelated to the Family will hide no matter the cost.

Anyways! That's about it, all you need to know about the book!

I'll be uploading once every three days for the first nine chapters, and then after that once every five days! (if things go according to plan lol)

Hope you like it!