drowning

The figure left the room. Alone. As always. They entered their familiar room, it was so empty and plain. They wandered over to the mirror seeing their cat ears peaking out from his head. His face contorted into disgust as he lifted his hand and suddenly it collided with the mirror. Blood seeped from his fist as the glass screamed as it fell onto the floor. His blood stained the carpet beneath him as he stared emotionless at the wounds on his hands. Slowly a smile creeped onto his face. The stinging pain that resonated from his hands brought him pleasure. I'm still alive, he thought.

However, this was short lived as he turned toward his bed. He stripped it of the covers and the pillows and lay onto the bare mattress. Curling into a ball he lay in the freezing air as he began to choke out horrifying sobs. His throat felt like it was closing in on him as he continued to screech silently through the tears that coated his face. The lump in his throat only grew bigger as he continued the choking sensation became more prevalent than before. 

He felt as if he was being engulfed by his emotions, like if he felt any more than this he wouldn't be able to continue breathing anymore. The room around him seemed to disappear as it filled with a murky water filled by the fears that were tucked so deep in his mind. Fear found its way to his iris' as he witnessed the memories he never wanted to see again. His throat closed up as if it even didn't want to experience these traumatising moments either. He began to struggle to breathe his mouth burning as he attempted to inhale what he could. Even if it meant reliving them awful times. He was prepared. 

Soon he came to the conclusion he wasn't able to save himself. Last resort, he thought. Using his  remaining strength he released a shriek that reverberated throughout the building that had just regained its happiness. As the scream reached the outside of the room the houses walls shrunk back and faded in colour. Loud stomps could be heard outside of the tank of water that was the struggling boys room.

He continued to scream as the water began to lower and the cold disappeared as he melted in the familiar arms that engulfed him.

"It's going to be okay"