First day of school

Sawyers POV

It's the first day of school, without mom. God why does this feel weird. I mean she wasn’t around that much anyway. She didn’t even love me. All I need to do is smile and say “I’m Fine” when people ask how I am. I mean yeah I'm lying but still. I'd rather lie than be a burden to people. Okay but I should be excited today. I start football today. I'm the star linebacker. Practically everyone loves football season. There's football, all the girls in cheerleading, all the dancers, the amazing band kids playing to hype us up, and the amazing dinner of hotdogs and chips and pop. I mean it's not what the coach wants us to eat but still. It's gonna be a fun day. Lets just hope it doesn’t get too weird. You know with all my flashbacks of my mom and all. But I should start walking to school. My best friend in the whole world luke is going to walk with me. Like we do every day since the 3rd grade. 

End of Sawyers POV

Luke's pov 

Sawyer came out of her house ready to walk to school with me. But when i saw her she was so beautiful. I know she's just wearing skinny jeans and a flannel with red high tops but she's just so beautiful. And she gave me this adorable cheeky smile and I just couldn’t help but stare. She looked at me weird like I was staring for too long so I looked at the ground as fast as I could. 

S: morning lukey!

L: morning sully!

S: So this is our sophomore year! Are you excited to not be a freshy anymore? 

L: yeah i'm just hoping I'll get less picked on this year. But uh are you sure you're ready? You know with all your mom stuff going on.

S: Bruh, I'm so ready for school. Remember I have football practice after school. Does the star linebacker ring a bell. 

L: oh yeah and I get to audition to be 1st chair for clarinet in a band. Im stoked. 

S: oh yeah. You’re totally gonna crush it!

L:  You really think so?

S: uh duh… okay I may not be the most perfect person to know about music but what I can tell you is that you’ve got killer skills on the clarinet.

L: You don't know anything about music? May I need to remind you of how we met. How you totally crushed that solo in our talent show in 3rd grade.

S: okay, okay. I thought we agreed to not talk about that. 

L: oh yeah.. Sorry

S: hey wanna race to school?

L: we have gym today :/

S: too bad 

Sawyer runs ahead and I slowly catch up to her panting out of exhaustion. Sawyer makes me run to our first class together. We have history first thing in the morning. And then we’ll have a 3rd period together.I’m actually excited about history. We are getting to learn more in depth of world war 2 and not tooting my own horn but I'm really good in school. So is Sawyer, she just doesn’t show it. She likes to be known for her sports skills then her really good brain and set of vocals. I mean I wish she was more open about her school work and her killer voice but I'm not gonna push her to do something she doesn't want to do because she's my best friend and I'll support her in all her decisions and ideas. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
authors note: i hope you guys liked the first part dont know when a new part will come out but stay tuned.