Chapter One

Notes;

My first smut 

This started out as a one-shot but I'm having thoughts of extending it....

Find me on Twitter for Officer Ronnie Peterson simping, occasional thirst tweets, Adam Driver stanning, and other ramblings - temo_gemo

You approached the bar, taking a seat as you caught the attention of the bartender, ordering your usual tipple. The place was a favorite of yours, one where people kept to themselves, giving you the break you needed after a stressful day at work. The bartender placed a glass of wine in front of you with a smile, before turning to serve another customer. You picked the glass up, taking a sip, the fruity mix of raspberries, and pomegranate coming together to quench your thirst. You licked your lips as you placed the glass down, basking in the quaintness of the bar, getting lost in your thoughts. As you finished your drink, you considered leaving. Normally you would only have the one before returning home, making sure to get a good night's sleep in preparation for the next day but tonight was different.

Today you'd discovered you missed out on a promotion, one you had been working hard for. It had been given to someone more experienced, someone more qualified. You scoffed at their reasons; they should've just said someone more male. It shouldn't have surprised you, not really, you worked in a male-dominated profession after all but it was still a frustrating injustice. So tonight you decided you would stay, just one more drink, nodding at the bartender to pour you another. Taking a sip, you hear a low husky voice come from beside you.

"Whiskey on the rocks, please." Noticing the person speaking out of the corner of your eye. They stood close by, despite having the length of the bar. You shifted in your seat before glancing over at them. He was tall, taller than you expected, causing you to glance up some more. He was broad, with thick black hair, and glasses framing his eyes. His glance met yours, flashing you a smile as he did. You shot your eyes back to your drink, taking a sip trying to ignore him, only to notice him take a seat beside you. His presence made you feel uncomfortable, nervous even. It was rare anyone approached you in this bar. You could feel his lingering eyes watching over you as he sat there, causing you to speak out.

"Look, I'm just trying to relax and have a drink alone. You're being very distracting" you declare turning to face him, as you're met with a smirk lined across his face.

"You think I'm distracting?" he questions, taking a sip from his glass as he raises an eyebrow. You scoff at his overconfident comment.

"Not like that" you reply in defense, rolling your eyes, wondering who this guy thought he was.

"Can I buy you another drink?" he asks, his cocky charm enticing you.

"No, I'm just having the one and then I'm leaving." you answer sharply.

"Well that's a lie, that's your second." he says pointing at your glass. You pause before responding, realizing he must've had eyes on you since you arrived at the bar.

"Well, that's not creepy." you say sarcastically.

"I call it being observant" his eyes watching you as he takes another sip.

"Right, well I'm sure there are laws about that" you state, knowing the book like the back of your hand, he chuckles at your reply.

"Yes, yes there are." his face lined with a cheeky smile as he holds his glass.

You catch the bartender glancing at you, the type of glance a bartender offers when questioning if to swoop in and rescue a girl from a creepy guy. You shake your head at him, you were perfectly able to take care of yourself, your job made sure of that. Plus, this guy's charming confidence, despite the cockiness was a welcome distraction from your day. He was undoubtedly attractive, so maybe he would be useful in aiding your frustrations tonight.