Chapter 5

Last chapter here we go!

Toni's pov:

"Hey Toni can you set the drinks over there?" Veronica asked me, pointing to the kitchen counter.

"Sure"

There was about an hour left until the party starts and I can't wait to see Cheryl. I don't think she's all that mean, it might be hard for her to open up, but some people just need a little push.

"Soooo, when's you girlfriend going to be here?" Veronica teased.

"It's not like that v" I awkwardly laughed, trying to ignore the butterflies I got when she said girlfriend.

"Well why isn't it like that Toni?"

"Well, because..."

"Because what? It's obvious you like her" she said while placing red plastic cups on the counter by the beverages.

"I just.. I don't think I should ask her out. I'm not sure she likes me back" I said, looking down at the floor.

"Well. Never know until you try" as soon as she finished her sentence the doorbell rang.

"Ooh yay our first guests are here!" She said while running to the door, leaving me in deep thought.

_____

It's about an hour into the party and the house is packed with people, I've never even met most of them. Cheryl still wasn't here, at least not to my knowledge. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't, being around this many people is making me nervous, and I'm a pretty socal and outgoing person, maybe not as much as Veronica though.

I walked back into the kitchen, surprised when I saw none other than Cheryl Blossom. She was leaning against the counter with a red solo cup in her hand. I was so distracted by her beauty, I didn't even notice the beautiful red dress she was wearing.

I'm guessing I zoned out because next thing I know there's a hand waving in front of my face.

"Toni? Are you okay?" Cheryl asked me in a concerning tone.

"Oh! Yeah of course I'm fine!" I tried to laugh it off, feeling very embarrassed that she just caught me staring at her.

"Well, I'm here. How are you?" She asked me before taking another sip of her drink.

"I'm good actually. How about you?" I asked nervously.

I don't know why I was being this awkward. There's just something about her that just makes me want to go crazy.

"I'm good. This is a pretty nice party" she smiled. "I also met your friend Veronica, very socal"

"Oh yeah, she can talk for hours. If there wasn't this many people here then you'd be in trouble" I said making her to laugh.

It seemed she was about to say something before Betty and Jughead walked in.

"Hello" Betty smiled.

"Hey betts" I said, backing away from Cheryl a little, never noticing how close we had gotten before.

"Who's this Toni?" Jug asked me while he poured his drink.