Introduction

Intro + Backstory

I had been at King's Cross when my older brother left for Hogwarts a few years back, which is why I knew it wasn't going to be easy to say goodbye to my dad.

But I never would of expected it to be this emotional.

My parents separated when I was around 9. They decided it'd be best if my brother A.J stayed in London with my dad, while I moved with my mom to France. I guess this was mostly because of the fact that A.J had already began at Hogwarts.

But my parents didn't seem to think about the fact that separating my brother and I would leave us without having much of a relationship.

It's been five years since then. Five years since our family was torn in half... Five years since I've been in London, since I've last seen my father.

My brother had visited my mother and I a few times for Christmas and such. But I hadn't seen my dad since we'd left for France.

I was happy to be starting at Hogwarts. Actually.. to say I'd be happy would be an understatement. I've been looking forward to this moment for as long as I can remember.

When I lived with my mother, I attended Beauxbatons. Though I never felt like I fit in there, the girls there are.. different. Stuck up to say the least.

Always worrying about their hair, or their new manicure. They'd be nice to you until they felt threatened by you, smile to your face but send you glares and talk crap about you behind your back, you get the point.

I felt out of place. I could never compare to them. The girls there were tall and beautiful, while I'm short and.. average at best. Not to mention the fact that having little to no french accent in a french school doesn't help with blending in.

I never had any real friends, though this wasn't that big of a deal to me. I'm not exactly the most social person. I'd spend my free time in the library, studying or reading. Which I never seemed to mind, it sure did help me with my classes.

But I'd give up good grades in a heartbeat if it meant I'd have some real friends, genuinely nice people to spend my time with.

Which is why I made a pact with myself.

This would be a new beginning for me, a fresh start. I was going to make friends, and I was going to be happy for once.

Besides, let's say things don't go according to plan.. I'll still have A.J, I'll still have someone. It felt good knowing that...

I left France at the end of June, and had been spending the summer here in London.

It was now early fall, the beginning of my first year at Hogwarts...

___________

A/N: Hey there loves! So this is just a little backstory/introduction so you can get to know a little bit about the main character without me having to add an unnecessary amount of details into the story :)