chapter 2

Her name is Gentry. The girl, I mean.

She sits next to me in Mr. Johnson's class. That would seriously be the most boring class if it wasn't for her. And I speak from experience.

It took me two weeks to get up the nerve to say something to her. I would stare straight ahead, bored to death while she shot me amused, knowing glances whenever I (happened) to look her way.

Today, when I turned my head to sneak a peek of her gorgeous self, she was already looking and our eyes caught. After about a minute, she raised a perfect eyebrow.

"J.T.? Are you okay?", she smiled, I shifted uncomfortably.

She stuck out her hand, "I'm Gentry Walthers."

I finally found my voice.

"Uh...yeah...I'm fine I guess...uhhh...I...I'm J.T.", I stuttered, completely forgetting to shake her hand.

Wow J.T.. you are so smooth...great way to talk to a girl...awesome...

I'm at an all time low.

Or high because she talked to me... it's weird... I'm not normally like this around girls.

I resisted the urge to slap myself in the face.

"I know. We have gone to school together since the beginning of freshman year," she smiled.

She knows who I am? Oh yeah...she just called me by my name...get it together Jeremy.

"Oh...uhh...i guess we just haven't been in any classes together".

How could I not have seen her before today?

She nodded.

Then like the idiot I am, I got straight to the point.

"Um, so... douyouwanttoeatlunchwithmetoday?", I blurted.

What a genius...even talking about the weather would have been better than that.

"What?" She laughed. "Why are you so nervous?"

"Do you want to eat lunch with me?", I repeated.

And of course I'm nervous, I'm talking to a gorgeous girl like you.

"You think I'm gorgeous?", she asked.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes," her laughter bubbled out of her like a spring in the mountains. "You did. And yes I will eat lunch with you today".

YESSSSSS!!! I almost did a fist pump.

"Well I'm glad you're excited..."

•••••

Picture of J.T.