4 - We All Share the Same Graves

The two of them stared at each other, not saying a word. Jeff was too stunned to say anything anyway. This kid had just fucking caught him mid-fall with his mind. How? And why? Who was he? What was he?

"Um... are you okay?" The kid's voice said with uncertainty.

Jeff didn't answer at first. He continued to stare wide-eyed at the boy, silent. Finally, after what felt like forever, he said something.

"What the fuck are you?"

The elf-like boy didn't say anything. Instead, he gently lowered Jeff to the ground, being careful not to injure him. The green glow around Jeff's body disappeared as he made contact with the forest floor. Once he was set down, he began to gather his belongings that had fallen out of his pockets, including the knife that had been left on the ground earlier.

"I-I-I'm sorry I took your knife. I d-didn't realize it was yours." The boy said softly. Jeff looked up at him and saw that he was now wringing his hands together as some sort of nervous tic. His red eyes gazed at the killer with what appeared to be a mix of uncertainty and curiosity.

"It's fine." Jeff grumbled. "The fuck are you doing out here anyway?"

The boy blinked rapidly. "U-Um, nothing. J-Just... walking."

Jeff gave him a skeptical look. "Uh huh..." He said, giving him a once-over. Makeup artist my ass, those bruises are real, I know it. And what's with the LARPing getup? Jesus, this kid has gotta be either a cosplayer who got turned around at ComicCon or some kind of weirdo runaway.

With his belongings back in his pockets, Jeff rose to his feet. The boy stepped back slightly, appearing to be intimidated by their height difference. Jeff smirked at this.

"What? Taller than you expected?" He said teasingly in the same manner he would use to talk to his victims. The boy shrunk back slightly, his hands now beginning to tremble.

"N-No... just... uh..."

The boy was staring up at his face, eyes wide slightly. Jeff eventually realized what he was looking at.

"You're staring at my scars aren'tcha?" He asked somewhat threateningly.

The blonde quickly shook his head. "N-No! I-I mean, yes, but n-n-not with disgust or anything like that! I-I was just curious!" He said anxiously.

Jeff grinned. Despite this kid apparently being able to lie to the cops and his immunity to being stabbed, he's still afraid of me! He thought, amused. Wow, what a fuckin' joke.

"Well, take a picture, it'll last longer!" He said. The boy then looked up at him, confused.

"But I don't have a camera?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

Jeff's face deadpanned. Is he serious?

"It's a fucking expression, yeesh..." Jeff said, now slightly irritated. What is he, stupid?

The boy's face faltered. "O-Oh... sorry."

Jeff didn't say anything back. Instead, he turned his back away from the boy, deciding he didn't want anything to do with him. Although he wouldn't deny he was curious as to what exactly he was, he didn't need to waste his time talking to him. He was nothing more than a distraction to him. He just needed to wait until nighttime, find the portal that lead to the Under Realm and get the fuck out before the cops came back.

As he walked, he thought he could hear footsteps behind him. He stopped walking and turned around quickly to see that the boy was still behind him. He flinched when Jeff whirled around to look at him, still doing that nervous hand thing.