A Single Daffodil

"Dont ever try to get inside my head," said Aran as he pushed Mia up against the wall. "Its too dark for you"

"and who are you to say its too dark for me? Maybe its my head that you shouldnt try to get inside of" Mia warned

"oh, darling, I know what goes on inside of that pretty little head of yours"

Aran said teasingly as he just ever so slightly brushed his lips upon hers as they looked seductively into eachothers eyes.

"But that was a long time ago, and I cant focus on that now. I have to hurry or im going to be late for work, uh I need this job" Mia said to herself as she grabbed her keys and ran out the door towards her car. As soon as she got to the bakery she ran inside and started to work.

"Where were you?, I told Henry you were at the bathroom across the street," said Layla as she walked up to me.

"Sorry, had a rough morning" I told her

"well are you okay?" She questioned

"yeah, im fine, lets get to work before we both get fired," I said.

For clarification, Layla is my coworker who works at the bakery with me. Shes also my best friend, well my closest friend anyway. And Henry is our supervisor, he is such a douche bag, I swear someone didnt hug him enough as a child. By the way, ive been working here at the bakery for a little over two years, and Laylas been working here for a little under three years.

"Mia your finally back, I told you to only go to the bathroom in brakes or wait until you get home" said Henry angrily

"Sorry, its just that theres no bathroom here and-" I stuttered trying to explain the lie Layla so cleverly told.

Before I could finish what I was going to say, Henry interupted "I dont care, you should have already gone, ive told you both already and this is your last warning before you both dont work here anymore" shouted Henry

"wow, I just told you she was in the bathroom, I didnt even do anything" pleaded Layla.

I nudged her with my elbow even known I knew she was joking. "Uh, just get back to work before I fire you" Henry stated

"alright alright, we're sorry, " said Layla with an annoyed look.

Once Henry walked away I turned to Layla and said

"he cant even fire us",
she looked out towards the direction Henry went and said "dont let him know that" with a grin on her face.

After we both laughed, but not loud cause then Henry would hear, we got back to work.

Towards the end of the day, Layla came up to me and started talking

"hey, since I covered for you, can you close up for me?"
Now me being tired after a long day of work would of usually said no but since she covered for me its the least I could do.

"Sure" I said tiredly

"really thanks, oh I'll call you later, bye Bambi" Layla said while walking out the door. Uh that nickname, Layla knows I dont like being called that. But its a long story for another time.

After she left, I turned around and saw on a table that once had nothing on it but some napkins, a single Daffodil.

*Im trying to publish a second chapter but its not working, the other chapters are on Inkitt with my username being MissAnonymous_33*