The tale begins Chapter 1

Maxims walked the tavern from his post above the hill, he saw some summoners fly into town, a very unusual sight for his village and he wanted to know why the summoners were here, maybe the inquisition where there to test for adepts, but yet very unlikely the village was to small for that. As he walked he kept his grip on the bow he used. He didn't know what was happening and he wanted to be prepared for whatever happens. As he arrived in the town he noticed the windows in the shops and houses were filled with people peering at the demons in the street. He crept through the street blending in the best he could to the wood of the buildings; his light and dark brown camouflage cloak was made for the high desert not a town. He made it slowly to the tavern, his home he walked in, his bow ready for anything. He opened the door to find his adopted father talking to a man with long black hair tied at the base of his neck. His adopted father was named Shawn McTars he was the owner of the tavern all of his where children adopted from workhouses accept for Maximus he was given to them to shawn by his mother and father before they went to fight against the orcs, and eventually died protecting the king from an attack. After a further look around the room he saw his adopted mother talking to a tawny haired woman in a wheelchair and his siblings staring out the windows of the tavern windows at the demons.

"What is this?" Maximus asked "What are summoners doing in town? I thought that we were too small for adept testing,"

"This town is too small. We are here for you." said the tawny haired woman

"Why me, I'm just a ranger waiting for more training?" Maximus responded

"Well well he's a ranger and an adept," said the dark haired man turning around

As he turned around Maximus saw the scar over his right eye, under a furthered look he noticed the man had a milky eye to go with the scar, "How can I be adept, I was never tested?"

Maximus said

"Your parents were summoners too and you are their first born son the first born to a adept is always a summoner" said the tawny haired woman "I am captain Lovett and this is Arcturus we are teachers at Vocans academy we were friends of your parents and they asked us to come find you once you were of age to learn to summon, your parents were both very powerful and we believe that you will be too."

"I'm sure you have heard the news about our new alliance with Arulen as you are a ranger, who is it that trained you?" arcturus asked

"Ranger Gilan" Maximus answered

"We  know you have questions, but first you must understand that this is a big thing. you are going to be a summoner and a ranger that is a hard task you need to understand that this will be hard for you," Lovett told him 

"we will contact your master and tell him what is going on," Arcturus told him "until then say your goodbye's you are leaving your family."

Maximus took in his situation he ran to his room to gather his things he already had his weapons on him, he unstrung his bow and put it in a cloth sleeve to protect it from breaking. he already had his knives on him so he took of his cloak and put it in his trunk he gathered his other clothes and cloaks, a plain brown cloak, a forested camouflage, and a desert camouflage.he put his quiver in his trunk and closed it.

Maximus took his trunk and walked out of his room into the tavern, his family was gathered around Arcturus and Lovett. Arcturus held a piece of paper when Maximus joined them Arcturs handed the paper to him "read it" Arcturus said and Maximus did. as he read the strange syllables he felt a strange feeling and a blue light began to emerge and it slowly started to shape into a bird about the size of an eagle.