New Beginning Sucky Start

" Baby I want you to run and hide."

" Why mommy? Mommy what's wrong?"

"Please angel go hide in the garden!"

"Mommy you're scaring me!"

"Go Seraphina! Now!"

There's this banging coming from down stairs, it's someone. No it's not someone it's daddy!

"Daddy's home mama."

"Run baby please."

I can hear the pain in her voice and I don't want to cause her more pain, so I do.

I run as fast as my little legs can carry me, right down the the back stairs to the garden. Just as I run I can hear my parents screaming, mommy crying, daddy yelling "shut up woman!", and the sound of a slap.

That sound is so familiar to me, that was the sound that came right after I did something bad. Sometimes it's come down on my back, or my legs and hands, and when I'm really bad my face. I wonder what mommy did so bad today.

Suddenly all the noise stop but just for a second. Then I hear my name, it's daddy saying to come out and play. We never play anymore, it's because I'm to bad of a girl to play he says. I miss playing with him so much, I want to run to and play horses again. But mommy said to hide in the garden and she's already hurt.

Just as I open the door I see daddy at the top of the stairs looking at me. Oh no he looks so mad, was it because I didn't play?

" Daddy we can play tomorrow I promise!"

"But I want to play right now Sera."

" I can't I have to hide."

He looks angrier now. Maybe I should just play with him and mommy could join us.

Walking down the stairs so slow, chuckling as he makes his way down.

" Now Seraphina your mother has
been a back girl and I had to punish her, do you want the same to happen to you?"

Shaking my head in fear I crouch into a ball.

" No daddy please I've been good I promise!"

"You get away from my daughter you bastard!"

Mommy is running down the stairs bleeding, oh no she must have been really bad. I remember when I was really bad, I couldn't go back to school for a week till the scar went away.

Daddy said " we don't need those nosy shits asking questions" I never understood that.

"Get the hell off my back you bitch!"

"Run baby now!"

I know it's bad now, mommy never fights back. I run and run till I reach the end of our garden. There's a few flower bushes mommy planted in the summer that are dying now since it's winter. I sit behind then on the cold praying for mommy. She's a great mom , she cooks for me, tells me she loves me every morning and night, protects me when she can, helps me at homework. She says my angel but I think she's really mine.

It seems like hours have passed but I know it's been about 30 minutes. I can hear my name being called in a whisper , but I'm to scared to answer.
Scared it'll be my father or a stranger.
" Lil bird common we have to go."

I know that voice from anywhere only one person calls me lil bird, my mom made it out.

• Beep beep beep•