1. The Chase

MARK'S POV

Waking up suddenly from what felt like a reverie, I kick my covers with my legs causing them to slip over to the floor as I sit up looking around my room. Everything is as it was, as it has always been, my king size teak bed, solid teak custom made furnishings, Sony flat screen TV mounted on the wall, big beautiful glass windows that showcased the city's night life and the beautiful skyline.

I must admit living in a pent house was everything I had ever dreamed of. Yes to a man who had worked his ass off to make it to the top,I was proud to say that all my wealth was self made. No inheritance, no rich family no connection, I had just me to make my life what I had always wanted it to be.

How long had I been asleep? being tired of multitasking my very important jobs running a company and still operate flights was no joke especially not being older than thirty five. This was the answer to my troubling sleep cycles lately.

I was turning thirty five this year and I must admit I was more than happy that I would celebrate my birthday in style with the success I had accomplished.

Born to a family of four siblings I was the first born. Even though we were a middle class family this didn't stop my parents to pay for my aviation college. They'd moiled and toiled to try and make our ends meet.

Well I had finally managed to become one of the top A-list Pilot as it was my greatest passion and I enjoyed every minute of flying. My siblings too had followed suit on their passions, Kimberly had graduated to become an English Professor and was also an Author, Kane pursued his neuro-surgeon course and is one of the best neuro-surgeon's around. Ava is one of the best female lawyers around. We all had made our parents proud.

********* Turning on my bedside lamp table I picked my phone to check what time it was. Frowning I walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water not still believing that it was 3 a.m while it had felt like I had slept for days.

Scrolling through my phone an Ad popped up on my screen. 'Join Okcupid today and get to meet hundreds of singles worldwide'.

I smiled cockily as I must admit this online dating site thing was not something new to me. I was a member of one Matchdate.com five years ago and I had some of the most memorable flings ever.

Yeah, with my piloting career full time as per that time my flight schedules were quite mad and couldn't get time to meet people one on one or rather I had discovered the dating sites which made me too lazy to want to meet people without an online connection first.

I had used the site to meet with singles all over the places I travelled for work. Well they were all casual flings until I met a Kaddy Joane whom I dated for an year and later called it quits.

Reason as to why I always emphasized on having flings and one night stands since I was not ready to commit let alone date. My selfish self and bad boy ego had made me that way , probably because I was handsomely hot, a career and a business man. Its not like I was inhuman or something but my lack of commitment dated back ten years ago. OOPS! story for another time.

Sitting on the couch at my living room I turned on the TV and switched to Nat Geo channel. I always loved low background noises while I browsed. Going back on the Ad and clicking on it I downloaded the Okcupid app and registered as a user.

@Mark Cleverly

Age:35

Location:London

Bio: I am a CEO and a part time Pilot ,fairy decent diver and able to order my cocktails in four different languages. My only weakness is cappuccino and of course a captivating woman by my side.I'm down for almost anything, anywhere. Deep discussions over a cup of coffee and bright minds excites me.

Got delicious feasts and travel plans in your sleeves? I'm your prisoner. Let's have fun!

I then uploaded pictures of me one while diving, next a selfie of me running my hand over my dark brown hair, the other of me donning a suit inside the Cleverly Holdings Enterprises, next on the cockpit doing what I loved most and then last me on the beach with a short and sunglasses chest bare and my rock hard abs popping.

With such a profile I was sure to have more swipes even though my bio seemed like I was looking for a quickie kinda fling. This time they had to chase me.

Hey y'all I hope you'll stick around this juicy story. I know you will grow to love the characters of this book.

Please vote and comment to let me know that you're enjoying the plot. Your comments and positive feedback will be of great motivation to me.

I'll try to update every other day or everyday.