9. Chit-Chat Banter

Next Day

"Good morning Karla , long time no see what you been upto?" Kattie greets me as soon as I answer my door bell. It has been weeks since we saw each other eye to eye, so she decided to come over and check on me.

" Morning too, you have no idea how I longed to see you bestie,how are you?" I ask.

"Well been quite good, am all about that hustle diy of late. How's the new job taking you?"

"That's great, it's awesome am thankful, am also too about paper chasing, been trying hard."

"Wow! I love that girl, any new catch so far? How are guys at the work place?"

"Haha, talking of guys well I don't love the idea of dating from my work place, if a break up occurs it would affect our performances. But , they are all hot especially the young CEO,he's hot as hell but am trying to keep my pants on so hard trust me." I chuckle.

"Haha, don't you fancy yourself some fifty shades darker moments, from the novels I read CEO's are hopeless romantics plus you'll get to enjoy that chopper ride around the city." She says her eyes lighting up with fantasy.

"Kattie stop!" I warned her laughing.

"Am just speaking my mind haha, you shouldn't try hard if you're into one another then give it a shot!"

"My God! Kattie! We're not into one another , the guy hardly glances twice at me nor at the other employees his look is always strict business from Monday to Friday."

"I am on a dating site, I joined a week ago." I add.

"A dating site? Well this is new. Why would you turn to a dating site whereas you would get a man of your dreams casually. Oh! Wait you're looking to get laid I know."

"I know, buy I just wanted to try my luck too and getting laid is in my to do list, but am hunting something serious and worth." I say.

"Cool so how do you find it? How many matches so far?"

"Well upto now less than a hundred, didn't get to swipe more." I reply.

"And have you had a chat with either of them? Anyone who has impressed you?"

"Well yes, this guy from Guatemala seemed quite interesting we had a little Chit-Chat , the rest are just either not serious or driving pointless conversations on my DM."

"Ooh! Only one guy is looking for something serious. Well I don't know how to rate that for now but let's wait and see how this will turn up."

"Sad reality people don't want to commit. They rather have endless flings."

"True, everyone on dating apps got their reasons that led them to try unfold their luck there, but that doesn't mean everyone is to be trusted always stay alert just as there is plenty of fish in the sea there is also plenty of trash there."

"I am Kattie, am very choosy when it comes to matching profiles I am mostly interested in serious people whom I can get to meet for maybe a cup of coffee and when we both feel like there's a connection then we can take it from there."

"Yeah girl I get you. So lemmi see that banging profile that's giving that Spanish guy sleepless nights. Lol just kidding!"

Whoa! Kattie will be real surprised when she finds out that I used my twin sister's pic on a dating site that is if she'll be able to make us out. She always also had a problem of telling us apart for the few times she's met my sister. And who does that, using their close relatives picture for a dating site profile. It's completely absurd! I think to myself as I open the app on my phone and hand her my phone.

"Mmh quite an eye catching & interesting  bio. Waait! tell me what am seeing isn't true? is this not Clara your twin?"

I laugh hysterically" Kattie ,uh you high or something?"

"No , you Karla is the one who's high here and completely out of your mind. I mean this is catfish and invasion of privacy. If she finds out about this she'll fuss over you. Girl don't you trust your looks? I know it's not always about looks but this one will need some explaining. And don't you dare try convince me that this is you because I've spent enough time with you to even tell you apart from your twin." She says agitated.

"Well okay,,it's not what you think Kattie. It isn't about self-esteem too but I thought it wise to first use my sister's pictures for a start and then I can switch later to mine if the app is worthy itself. I know it's unfair and selfish just because I've got my own clone out there to think that I can use it as an opportunity to lure someone into a relationship with me.
I know she'll be mad when she learns about this but promise me you won't let her know about it."

"I don't know what this is but I hope it's for the best and you can trust me to keep your secret safe. Besides the Business Gala I told you about is still there you won't lack yourself a date. "

"Well thank you, am looking forward to it hoping my company will let me go on it's behalf. So it's long since we caught up would you like some Oreo cookies dipped in milk or do you prefer some cornflakes?"

"Oreo please, my mouth is watering already." Kattie answers me as I make my way to the kitchen.

We spend the rest of the afternoon chatting and binge watching on the latest show in town.