Tyler: 2

A/N: Sorry to those who read the beginning and wanted more. I was at a stage in my writing where I hated it and thought I couldnt actually write and so scrapped the story, I know how annoying it is to like a story and it not be updated for ages.  I've revised what I have written so far and have decided to continue with it and see where it goes since its my first time writing this genre. 

If you could vote or comment just so I know whether there is actual point in me updating regularly lol because I actually dont have much time between college and university stuff so I want to make sure its worth while. Even if its just one person :)

~~~~~

“Oh man, I’m sorry,” a voice said from above me. In between breaths I heard him laugh under his, proving just how ‘sorry’ he really was. He held out a hand which I rejected pulling myself up. I looked down at the huge mud stain down my jeans and held my hands up in frustration.

“Great, just what I needed! These aren’t easily cleaned you know.”

“Look I am so sorry, genuinely. Let me pay for your dry cleaning.” His friends back on the court continued to laugh and snigger.

“No I think you have given me enough, including a concussion,” I said, slinging my bag over my shoulder. He smiled warily, picking at a loose thread on his shirt. I began to walk away when he started following me.

“So you’re new around here? You don’t seem familiar.” I continued to walk on, not realising that I didn’t actually know where I was going.

“You got a name? If you do you should tell me or I won’t know what to call you when I apologise again.”

“No need, “I replied through gritted teeth.

“I’m Tyler. We could be friends now that we have broken the ice…or in fact your brain.” I stopped walking to face him.

“I don’t need any help from you thanks,” I remarked sourly, twisting around and resumed tracks that thankfully he didn’t follow.

“Well maybe you do now because you’re about to walk down a dead end.” Trying to save face, I smiled and walked back the way I came. “You’re welcome,” I heard him shout as I trudged into the distance.

 “How was your walk?” Dad asked as I slammed the front door closed.

“Painful,” I muttered.

“What?” he shouted over the whirring noise that just kept getting louder and louder. I found him in the room behind the kitchen; it was barely big enough to fit in a washing machine, let alone people in there to load it.

“I just can’t figure out how to work this thing,” Dad said throwing a handful of washing to the ground. “I’m going to have to call Tom. I don’t even remember if I bought powder!”

“No, you don’t need Tom; you have me I’ll sort this out.”

He sighed heavily, “This is the kind of thing Ai would be good at….Ai…” his eyes flittered around the room, a troubled look upon his face.

“Dad its fine, look, leave it to me. Go lie down.”

“B…But the washing-“

“Will be sorted by the time you wake up.” I smiled at him and guided him to the door, watching as he shuffled up the stairs. I picked up the clothes that had been thrown down and loaded up the washer. Whilst I did this I realised that this was only a glimpse of what was to come.

***

“Ri-Ri. Wake up.” I heard my name called quietly, the sound dragging me from my dreamless slumber. About two hours’ worth. I spent the majority of the night lying awake, awoken by from the nightmare, if that’s what you would want to call it; a nightmare although nothing remotely scary happened. Everything was hazy and I could only make out three figures, not well enough to identify though. It wasn’t the first time I had had it. It seemed crucial, a puzzle, one I wasn’t all too keen on putting together.