3.Chances

"Hey, Chloe!" Holly called to me from the living room.

  "What?" I yelled back. I had always liked Holly. She was as innocent as a saint, and cute as a button. Her hair had a natural dark brown, but she dyed it jet black. She was tiny, pretty, and very petite with sweet almond shaped eyes. She could eat whatever she wanted and a ton of it.

  "Derick Hector is on vacation in the cape, too!" she yelled. She was tapping away on her laptop. Derick Hector was that sexy bad boyin high school. He was a few years older than us, and I had always had a huge crush on him. Its not like he went out of his way to talk to me ever, it was like one of those crushes where you know its never going to happen, it was just a fantasy. Of course, all my friends were informed of that crush.

  I ran into the cozy, pretty living room to see her sprawled on the carpeted floor typing away on her laptop. She had already put on her pajamas, a purple camisole and cotton pj pants with little cows on them jumping over moons. 

  "See? Look at his Facebook status." She pointed to the screen. Derick's Facebook profile was up, and his status read, "leaving for cape cod tomorrow for the summer. Hit me up."

  "Oh my god, Holly, what if we see him here?" I gasped, my heart swelling with hope.

  "What would you do?" Emilia asked as she walked into the living room. Her shapely hips swayed as she walked with a drink in her hand, layered brown waves falling in gentle chaos. "Would you cry?"

  "Like the time she saw Andy shirtless in eighth grade?" Holly replied, joining in on Emilia's laughter. I stuck my tongue out at them and looked once again at Derick's Facebook profile on Holly's laptop. 

   "Guys, you know how Cape Cod isn't one little town, right? We're probably not even going to be in the same area as him, nevermind the same beach. Theres, like, a one in a million chance of us actually seeing him here." said Emilia, stealing a seat on the floral ottoman.

    "Chloe so wants to bang Derick Hector!" Holly interjected, making me blush and giggle like a child.

    "No I don't!" I said, making it pretty obvious I did .

   "Shut up, you know you do!" Holly teased. So what? I wasn't going to be like, "Oh ya. I totally do. Hardcore, doggy-style, with handcuffs and whipped cream." Right. I don't need all my friends calling me a whore or anything, not when I was stuck with them all summer.

   "I don't!" I said again, a little defensive this time. 

   "So, you're telling me that if Derick walked through the door right this second, totally ready, and layed you down on that bed upstairs... you wouldn't totally go for it?" Emilia asked me, skeptically. 

           The grandfather clock chimed in, right on time. Dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong, dong. Saved by the bell.

   "I think I'm gunna head up, too. I'll see you guys in the morning, K?" I said, letting the relief of sleep show on my face.

   "Night, Chlo. See you in the morning." Emilia said. Holly waved and smiled as I got up and went for the stairs.

   As exhausted as I was, I wasn't ready for bed just yet. I shuffled my way down the hall to my master bedroom. I threw off my denim booty shorts and pulled my long legs into a pair of flannel pajama pants. I tossed the shorts into the hamper I brought with me to put my dirty clothes in. 

    The room had a beautiful bay window at the left side of the house facing our neighbors. But on the right side was my window, the one I would be using every night to climb out onto the roof and look at the stars. Luckily, every room on the right side of the hallway had this window, or else I might have chosen one of  the little double bedrooms instead of this spectacular master.