Chapter 2

I woke up with a headache. I hate waking up early, especially when I stay up late. Sadly, today was not a day that I could ignore. It was the first day of school and Nana would kill me if I missed it. I hated school with passion but I know my grandmother cares dearly about my education, so I do what makes her happy. If it were up to me, I'd stay home and watch Netflix, rather than listen to teachers drone on about things I already know.

I gathered my stuff to get ready for the day. I brushed my teeth, did my hair, and ate a Pop-tart. By the time the bus came, I was prepared for my day of torture. I sat alone, as usual. I never got to know any of the people on my bus route, the whole making new friends thing gets exhausting after awhile and I figured it was a waste of time. Why would I exert energy on people I was going to leave anyways? I sigh, close my eyes, and put my headphones in. Maybe I can catch up on some sleep on the way.

When the bus got to the school, I was greeted by the typical high school cliques. There were the nerds, the jocks, the cheerleaders, and everything in between. As I walked through the familiar doors of Bayside High, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of eyes glancing at me. Was there something wrong with my hair? Did I smell? I took a quick sniff under my arms; nothing but my lavender deodorant. I quickly shook my head.
I must be imagining things again.