Chapter 1

Kathryn's POV

Ok, let me tell you a bit about myself. My name is Kathryn Harris and I am probably the most unpopular, unfashionable and geekiest girl in the world. I have dark brown hair and very light blue eyes, usually (they change colour a lot). I am also extremely short, which is probably one of the many reasons I have never had a boyfriend. It's not that I don't want one; it's just that no one has ever asked me or wanted to.

I know so many pointless facts that you could probably make a whole book of them, add that to being good at almost every subject (not to brag or anything) and you get me, a geek with 3 friends and no life.

My best friends, well… my only friends, are called Mary Archer, Lucy Daniels and Serena White. I’ve known them since the first day of playgroup, they have stuck with my through thick and thin and I know I can trust them with anything.

Mary has VERY blonde hair, dark brown eyes and is the tallest of the four of us. She is also the most sensitive out of us.  She is the first to come to anyone’s aid, is always willing to help anyone and everyone (even the school bitch, Sadie Miller) and no one could ever hate her, even if you tried, you just couldn’t.

Lucy is the one who always gets bullied. She has long, auburn hair and light violet eyes, she has violet eyes because of a genetic dysfunction but it’s pretty awesome (I think so anyway). Her eyes are half the reason she gets bullied, just because she’s different; it's sad really. She has moved schools so many times she has lost count and although the rest of us just get ignored, she always seems to catch the attention of bullies; she’s like a bully magnet. Which is all very strange really, she is absolutely gorgeous! She could have literally been dragged through a hedge backwards, launched out of an airplane and jumped out of a top floor window and she would STILL look like a model who just came out of a photoshoot.

Serena is the artistic, creative one. She's usually quite quiet but once you put a paintbrush or pencil in her hand, she’s amazing. You could give her a picture and she would make a perfect replica of it. It’s so relaxing just watching her paint, she will sit there for hours on end until she has finished. That’s probably the reason she is so patient.

But I guess none of this matters anyway, since I’m going to University in a few weeks...