Chapter 1

Kayden had sharp eyes.

He had fast reaction speeds.

Everyone knew he was gifted, but no one knew why he was always paying attention to his surroundings, no matter what. It eventually dropped his grade.

But one day, he had finally been able to figure it all out.

-------

When he got back from school, he ran to his room and slammed the door shut.

"Finally, finally, I've got evidence."

He rolled out a board with wheels out from under his bed.

On the board was hundreds of pictures and sticky notes.

He took his phone out of his pocket. He opened it and tapped the photos app. He tapped on the latest video.

It was a small recording of the sky, on a sunny day at recess time in his school. There was suddenly a bright blue glare that no one but Kayden noticed, and then the recording ended.

He drew a line between two coordinates on a small mini map on the corner of his board. He put in some coordinates that were right on top of his school. He then preceded to draw two more lines connecting the two previous coordinates to the newest coordinates.

He looked at the small circle in the middle of the triangle that had dozens of small sticky notes next to it.

He now knew where he was going.

The next Saturday, he visited Dandy's Donuts.

He was carrying a small pop up umbrella, as minimized as the design could be. Taking out a checklist from out of his backpack, he looked at it.

X       Find Extremis's base

         Make a good first impression

         Join them as a top secret agent

"Nearly there."