The Wheel

"Amelia, are you coming?" Sawyer whined as I skipped forward to catch up with him.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said as my hair bounced behind me.
Sawyer smiled, his smile slightly crooked. It was a very nice day, at least it was for two kids with no destination. Sawyer and I had been friends for a long as I can remember. We were never apart, inseparable. During the past few years, Sawyer and I became really close. Sawyer is basically a brother to me, he's always sticking up for me.

"Are you spacing out again?" Sawyer shouted.
"Huh?" I guess I had been, I was in a deep thought "what are you talking about of course not!"
"Then what did I just say to you?" He raised an eyebrow at me.
"Uhm..." I giggled slightly "I dunno, what did you say?"
He turns away and sighs then smiles at me with his "ha, I told you so" looks and continues to walk away.
"H-hey, what did you say? I'm being serious," I said to him as I pulled on his sleeve. Sawyer just looked at me, he didn't say a word, only stared deep into my grey eyes with his green ones.
"I said, 'would you like to go to the carnival with me?'" He said calmly.
"Sure it sounds like fun," I smiled widely.
From where we were standing, we could see the Ferris Wheel, a small roller coaster, and a bunch of tents with the occasional balloon that was lost by a child who is presumably crying about it, and then a mother or father buying a new one. I had only been to the carnival once, and that was with my mother a very long time ago. Sawyer grabbed my hand "Lets go then," he smiled and started walking down the slightly slopped hill, still holding my left hand firmly, but not tightly.
I was in pretty good clothing to be going to a fair, some light wash shorts, a red tank top and my kicks. When we had finally reached the bottom of the hill, Sawyer let go of my hand and ran in front of me with his arms wide open and a lopsided grin on his face. He knew I'd never been to the fair so he bought us tickets, this was also a birthday present for both of us, he would be turning 16 and I, 15. Yeah,
It's really cool that were born on the same day, and where best friends.
Sawyer and Amelia, two world wide adventurers.
"What do you want to do first?" I asked looking around excitedly.
"Your choice," he replied with his arms folded across his chest.
"Can we do the Ferris wheel?" I bit my lip slightly as he smiled and took my hand.
We walked toward the Ferris wheel and he gave the employee our tickets as we sat in the cold metallic seat and strapped the bar down. As soon as it started to move I was having second thoughts, I was gripping the bar so tightly my nuckles were white. Sawyer pulled me closer to him in order to comfort me, which it did, but something didn't feel right.
As the wheel started to go up and around, near the very top the ride suddenly stopped causing all the cars to swing back. Screams of the girls also on the wheel echoed through out the park. I looked over to my left (the opposite side of Sawyer) and saw a group of men running towards the wheel, hopefully to fix it.
Sawyer had his eyes focused on the men running this way, they were dressed too fancily to be here for the Fair.
"Amelia," Sawyer said as I turned my head to look at him "damnit!"
"What?" I asked him trying to keep my voice from shaking.
"Whatever you do, don't look down at anyone okay? Just keep looking forward." I nodded, unsure of what he meant.
Sawyer looked at my eyes when he started muttering curses. Now I was really scared, he only cursed when we were in big trouble. This could not be good. The only question that wasn't running through my mind was 'How does Sawyer know who these people are and why is he so worried about them'. The Ferris Wheel man finally got the wheel to continue its path, getting all of us off safely. Or at least that's what I thought.

Thank you for reading, I really appreciate it. This is my first story on Wattpad and hopefully I will be able to bring a chapter each week (Monday or Saturday depending on how long I want it to be) and hopefully you guys will enjoy it and tell your friends about it. Thanks and I hope you enjoy!