11| Old Friends.

°°°°°•°°°°°

Touching down at the airport in London, I and Tina were instantly welcomed by John D'Souza, manager of Index's London talent hunt, and partner to Mr. Griffin. He was a cheerful fellow, as, throughout the ride to our apartment, he did not only keep us entertained and enlightened, but he also gave us a tour of new London.

I must have mentioned that I wasn't unfamiliar with London. Yes, I was birthed here, and I practically had my first baby steps here in London. All the memories I had of my parents were rooted in this icy land.

So, being here definitely brought back some memories – some bad and some really good ones. The one I could barely forget was the moment I had my parents had visited Bergville Park for the very first time – I was five years old then.

After driving for almost two hours, we arrived at Springfield Guest House, where we'll be staying – courtesy of Index.

The weather was beautiful and warm, as the spring was very much the season around, and it couldn't be more perfect after everything that had happened, and I couldn't wait to just jump on the bed, and snooze off. Luckily for me, that was what I did.

________

That evening, the grumbling of my stomach forced me to part open my eyelids, and reluctantly get off the bed.

Yawning, I stood up and walked into the bathroom, and after freshening up, I stepped out of the room, and to the living space.

But, as I stepped into the living room, my mouth fell agape when I saw the three ladies seated comfortably.

Noticing me, they all turned to me with their smiles etched on their lips. Blinking severally, I gasped.

These were my old friends from the girls' school I had attended while in Nigeria.

"OMG!"

A loud screech came from one of them, snapping me out of my surprise.

I looked up – just in time to be scooped into a firm embrace.

"Anita, I know you've missed me, but please I need a breather," I mumbled as she pressed me closer to herself, and reluctantly, she let me go.

"Missed you is an understatement, babe," She said.

My eyes danced over Anita and I smiled. Anita looked just as she used to seven years ago. Maybe she got a bit rounder, but she still kept her cute bulbous face, which I always loved to admire.

"Damn, baby girl, you've grown so skinny," Alex spoke up as she also stood up to hug me.

Alex, on the other hand, is black-skinned and slim – looking always like an African model, with her afro hair, and the traditional ornaments adorning her ear and her neck. Although she was born into a royal family, Alex is a humble and hardworking woman.

"At least I'm not as skinny as you are, madam." I jested her, and she simply laughed.

Then, finally, the third woman in the room spoke up.

"Welcome back sweetie," Niniola said with a bright smile.

My smile deepened as I saw Niniola but soon dropped as I recalled how we had both met, and grown into friends, the most unlikely friends.

Niniola's parents and my parents were friends and neighbors, but I and Niniola never actually got along. However, after the death of my parents, she was the only person who understood the pain I was going through, and she stood by me till I eventually left with my aunt.