Chapter 3: Sunsets

"Why did you have to go all of a sudden?" George asks.

"Oh-"

"Um yeah, Patches just wanted something." He says nervously. It's obviously a lie, but he couldn't come up with anything more reasonable.

"Told you, George," Sapnap says in confidence. "Okay, anyways join the SMP already!"

"Okay, hold on," Dream joins.

"Dream." George keeps repeating until he answers.

"What?"

"Follow me, and hurry."

"Alright then."

The sun in Minecraft is starting to set, so George wanted to be there in time.

After a little bit of running, they are finally at the place George wanted the two of them to be at.

They are at the top of a hill, it's so high that it almost touches the clouds. George says, "Put on those shader things." 

Dream laughs at the fact he called them "shader things." He says, "okay."

"WAIT, OH MY GOD I WANT TO SEE!" Sapnap says right before they're about to put on the shaders.

Dream's Minecraft character turns around to see Sapnap trying to climb up the hill.

"Oh my god, HURRY! It's not that hard!" Dream says.

"I'm TRYING! Chill."

Dream accidentally punches Sapnap and he falls.

Dream laughs, "You're so dumb."

"HEY," Sapnap says.

"Sapnap hurry up," George says laughing.

"Well Dream punched me so blame him."

"Of course he did."

"Hey, it was on accident." 

"Well hurry, the sun is almost down." George says.

Sapnap finally makes his way up. "Okay, I'm up."

"Okay, Dream, Sapnap, I have the shaders on. And once I put on my colorblind glasses, you guys put the shaders, okay?"

"Alright." They both say.

"Alright, 3..2..1,

Go."

"Woah, it looks so cool." 

"I know right, Karl showed me this yesterday on stream. He told me to put on my glasses, and I obviously did."

"Hey George, have you ever even seen a real life sunset? You know, with your glasses?" Dream asks.

"Yeah, have you?" Sapnap adds.

"No."

"Well why not? You have them." Dream says.

"I don't know, it's scary to me." 

Dream giggles, "What? How?"

"I don't know."

The chat keeps spamming "GEORGE WHAT-"

"I've never seen it colorful so I guess it'll just be scary, and new."

"Yeah, I guess."

-

After about an hour, George ends the stream. Sapnap had to go about 30 minutes beforehand.

"Bye!" He says while waving his hands aggressively.

They are still on the call, so Dream asks, "When are you going to see a sunset with your glasses on?"

"I don't know, I think I will when I come see you."

"Wait what? You're going to come see me?"

"Here wait, just FaceTime me."

Dream FaceTimes him.

"So, about that."

"Ya.."

There's a pause. George goes his phone and says,

 "I got plane tickets!" He says excitedly while waving his phone that shows he bought plane tickets.

"Wait let me see!" Dream reads what the screen says.

"Oh my god! You actually bought them!"

"Yeah!"

"Wait when?"

The date on the screen says September 14, 2020.

Dream's heart drops, it's so soon, only a week from today. 

"Wait what. In a week?"

"Yup!"

He thinks to himself: I can't do this, it's too soon.

He doesn't want to seem worried so he laughs a little a says,

"Yes! I'm going to see you!"

"Yeah, you're going to see me." He says while having a big smile on his face.

Dream feels overwhelmed. He's going to see George, in person, in his own house. He makes up an excuse to hang up.

"Oh god, wait, Patches just ripped a pillow."

"Oh, yeah you should go fix that. I have to go anyways, so it's perfect timing."

Perfect timing, good.

"Oh alright, bye!" He says as George hangs up.

Finally.

He plops down into his bed, relieved. George.. why? He wants to see him, but he can't. He can't just look at him in person. It'll feel so weird, and too personal. Patches jumps up onto his bed. 

"Oh hey,"

Patches purrs and rubs her head onto Dream and settles in. He pets her. 

"What am I going to do? Hmm?" Ugh this is so dumb, I'm talking to a cat.

I should tell Sapnap. Wait no, it's not fair. He didn't technically invite George, so why tell Sapnap about it. I should just tell him later.

"Food?" 

Patches immediately stands up and walks to her food bowl, waiting.

"Alright then."

He get's up and grabs the food and puts it in the bowl. 

"There."

He opens SnapChat and starts to text George.

Hey wyd

George takes about a minute to answer.

just listening to music

cool

well anyways

I thought I might as well show you a little bit of what you're going to see

He sends him a picture of himself, only showing his nose and down to the top of his chest.

omg

Ending Notes: Hi sorry for the long wait, been pretty busy with school stuff. I will try to update every 1-3 weeks, it really depends though. Thank you for reading! :D