Chapter Fifteen

Draco Malfoys Point of View

"Will you stay?"

I had never heard Lola sound so helpless before, it was a bit out of character. But then again I can't blame her after what Goyle did.

I began to fantasize about the various ways I could murder Goyle when she spoke again.

"Please, Draco." She was so quiet that I could hardly make out the words.

I knew it was a bad idea as soon as I responded, "I will."

I was scared to be in the same bed with her, I didn't want her to see me as someone like Goyle, but fuck it took everything in me to not kiss her.

I took a seat at the opposite side of the bed, half of my right leg hanging off to ensure I wasn't invading her space.

"Thank you." She mumbled, pulling the red quilt above her shoulders.

I wasn't sure how to talk to her. I had royally fucked up my relationship with her multiple times, one of the more recent occasions being our 'hookup', which she so evidently regretted. It was a massive blow to my ego when she started to date that Weasley so soon after.

As if she read my thoughts, she spoke once more. "Please don't try anything, I just need someone to stay with me tonight."

I tugged the sheets over my stomach, lying so that my back faced her. "I won't, I promise Sallow."

Silence filled the room for a matter of minutes. I wasn't sure if she was asleep or not, I was too anxious to focus on anything other than my task. I was supposed to be in this room to fix the vanishing cabinet, not sleeping beside Lola.

"Malfoy?" she mumbled into the darkness.

I rolled over to face her. She was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Why are you so fucking confusing?" There was a slight edge of humor to her tone.

I laughed. "How many times have you asked this, Sallow?"

"A bakers dozen, I'm sure." She responded bitterly.

I sighed. "I know you hate me."

"Glad to hear you're aware." She scoffed.

I coughed, continuing. "Trust me I'm not too fond of you either." I rolled my eyes at my incredibly obvious lie. "But I'm not going to walk by as you get assaulted in the halls. So if you're confused as to why I helped you, it's because I'm not entirely evil."

She paused for a few seconds. "Thank you for that, Draco."

I chose to not respond, I could tell how uncomfortable she was with thanking me.

More silence went by and I assumed she had fallen asleep until she spoke once again.

"Why did..." she drifted off, but I knew where the conversation was going. "Why did we do that, Draco?"

"What do you mean?" My voice wavered as I asked. It was clear I knew exactly what she meant.

"You know what I'm talking about, Draco." She hissed.

My neck and face heated up. "I-I don't know what you want me to say, Sallow."

"Did you do that just to fuck with me?" She sounded hurt, but the last thing I wanted was to confess my feelings to her.

"I don't know." I exhaled.

I felt her shift in the bed, rolling on her to side so her back faced me.