Part 1

Tales of New Jersey

—————————-
Claire's POV
"Jim, watch out!" I yell as Jim almost walks completely into the burning sunlight of New Jersey.
We have just arrived in the hustle and bustle of New Jersey. We have had a long journey, and have finally made it to the clearing of the woods. Beyond it I see a beautiful park, where there is people everywhere. Taxi roam the area. Tall buildings engulfing clouds.
"How are we going to move tons of trolls to the sewer underneath the park that leads to the heartstone?" I ask precisely.
"I think we might have to wait until dark, Lady Claire," Blinky says with a huff.
"Great," I say sarcastically.
Everyone starts to entertain themselves. Some begin to search the woods for small animals that they could eat. Others drink a fresh batch of Glug. As for me, I decide to hold Jim's hand and watch the people having fun at the park. I haven't been around any other humans lately, so it's been nice to see people that can go into the sunlight. Well I guess Merlín can, but he isn't an ordinary human. He is a ordinary wizard.
"I w-wish that I was still human. That I could take you to a park. That we could be a normal couple. That I didn't have to wear a glamour mask, and didn't have to order forks at a nice restaurant for dinner," he says. His eyes filled with sadness and un-shed tears.
"No, Jim don't you ever think that. I love you because of the sacrifice you made. You chose to be this way to save Arcadia. You know what I see every time I look at your horns?"
He shakes his head no.
"I see someone who is kind. I see someone who sacrificed his whole life. Scarified never getting to go to school or never being in the sunlight, or never getting to eat a good stake again. That's what I see when I look at you, and that's why I love you so much," I say.
"I love you too," he says as he brings me into a long kiss.
A blue figure walks up and says, " Sorry to disrupt you master Jim, but the sun is going down, and we should probably get a move one."
"Alright let's go," Jim says as he pulls me up.
"Trolls let's begin to climb into the sewer," he says to the pile of trolls.
We make it too the sewer, and Jim helps me climb down with him. We run Down the stone steps. As we make it to the end I see a the huge heartstone.
"Wow, Jim." I exclaim.
"It's amazing, Claire," he says.
I still can't believe I left my home, and moved with the trolls. I wouldn't trade it for anything thought.
"Alright trolls! You have the night off tomorrow we get to work," Jim says.
The next day I'm very sore. I miss my bed. Sleeping on the ground for almost two weeks is horrid. Remember why you doing this Claire. It's all for Jim.
"Claire, I'm going to start building the bedrooms," Jim says.
"Thank goodness," I say back.
That night Jim and the rest of the trolls have made several. Almost every troll had one. I was hoping me and Jim could walk around town, him wearing his glamor mask of course, but he politely declined and said he had to work on the forge.
...
It's been around a week. I've been bored out of my mind. Jim has been working a lot on the forge. I'm not really a construction person, so I just sit there and watch.
I have tried to go into town a few times. Each time getting stared at by boys. I don't feel comfortable unless Jim is there, and he never is.
"Hey, Jim, can we talk?" I ask.
"Sure," he says.
"You haven't spent a lot of time with me lately. Can we maybe go and do something?" I ask.
"You know what? The forge can wait. Let me tell Blinky, and we will head into town and grab dinner or something," he says.
"Thanks, for making time for me," I say.
"I will always make time for you, Claire," he says.