Chapter 1

Emma's POV

It began like any day woke up at 6, and got ready for breakfast and the rest of the day. However... today was different. I walked down to the dining hall holding Phil till I put him down to chase after Lannion.

"I'm going to eat you!!" I shouted running after Lannion.

Once I ran back in chasing other children I looked over saw Norman and Ray. Norman was pushing the cart and smiled at me saying 'Good Morning!' And Ray looked over at me with a slight smile saying good morning as well. I said good Morning back and I heard Mom over behind me chuckling. I looked behind me Mom had her hand to her mouth and she was smiling. 

"Good Morning Emma." Mom said. 

"Good Morning Mom!!" I shouted with a smile.

Norman and Ray were chuckling and I looked over and started blushing. They both smiled and walked down to the table I ran down after them and sat next to Norman smiling at him. I could feel myself blushing and I knew if I said something I'd stutter. I don't know why I do this... Maybe it's something that just comes and goes! We all said a prayer and I started to eat down my food after breakfast I looked at Ray and Norman.

"Do you guys want to go down to the forest and hang out together?" I asked with a smile. 

"Ya sure, Emma!" Norman replied. 

Ray just looked at Norman and I. "Ya sure to leave you two alone." He smirked at Norman.

I looked over to see what was going on and I could tell he was blushing. I smiled. Dang, he's so cute when he blushes!!! I hugged him and I could feel the eyes from Ray just looking at us. I let go and stood up.

"I-I-I'll meet you guys outside!!" I stuttered putting my dishes in the sink.

I ran outside sat down near the tree near the house. I sighed and tried to calm myself down. I started climbing up the tree and sat there. I waited for a while till everyone came out. I made sure to keep myself hidden till they were by the tree. I saw them followed then and jumped down to the tree. 

"Boo!" I screamed.

Ray just looked at me and Norman looked a little startled. I smiled and sat on the grass while Ray did the same thing opening a book. Norman chuckled closing the book and taking it away from Ray.

"Hey give that back Norman!" Ray said sternly.

"I think Emma wanted to do something with all of us," Norman replied. "That does not mean put your nose in a book."

Ray groaned and I giggled standing up and running down to the forest and climbing up a short tree so I could still see everyone and they all could see me and still hear us. Norman climbed up sitting beside me and Ray just stood there looking up at us. I smiled until I felt Norman wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I jumped a bit, blushing and smiling laying against him. 

"So warm..." I mumbled. 

Ray chuckled and looked at Norman while I stayed cuddled with his arm around me. I couldn't stop thinking about how warm he was. I looked at Ray and saw him chuckling. 

"What's so funny?" I asked looking at him confused.

"This is adorable. I wish I had something to take a picture." Ray said.

"I'm glad you don't," I replied.

I slid up closer to Norman it was like he could tell I was kinda cold and kinda hugged me a bit. While Ray was just laughing. I didn't know what he was laughing about. But I didn't really like it. I didn't really do anything but just sit there in Norman's arms. So... warm... 
Around the time our free time ended Norman sat up letting go of me and climbing down and smiled at me. 

"Come on Emma! Free time's over!" Norman smiled.

I nodded climbed down and ran to Mom. She was counting people and we were the last three to show up.

"Emma, Ray, Norman!" Mom said with a smile. "Let's all go inside!" 

All the little kids nodded and walked inside. I followed with Ray and Norman. I had a big smile on my face and I"m sure other people could notice and just didn't want to say anything about it. We walked down to the library. Ray and Norman were looking at books while I was just sitting at a chair and the table kicking my feet in boredom. Ray came back and sat across from me and just looked at me. He had the same look but it was like it was something that had a meaning. And I didn't like it.

"What's wrong Ray?" I finally asked.

"You know." He said. 

I shook my head in confusion. I didn't know what he was talking about. And just looked at him. He made sure Norman wasn't listening which my guess is that he was looking for something to read. Ray kinda did a chuckle. 

"Are you dumb Emma?" Ray whispered. 

"No!" I replied. "I'm not dumb!" 

"Then explain your feelings when you're with Norman." 

"I-I can't! I don't know what they are... I-I don't know what it means it always happens with I'm near him or he's in my presence!" I mumbled. 

Ray chuckled. "You like him."