Chapter One:: Bright Souls Now See the Dark

Dear Diary,

Hey, it's me again, Jenna. I know you're probably sick of me coming to you every night with problems, but I really need to vent right now.

I hope no one else sees this, but Father he's...raped me. I don't know why, I don't know what's happened to him. He was fine yesterday, ... But then...he and Mother had a huge argument.

Mother yelled at him for allowing his mistress into our home, then got mad about him cheating in the first place.

He shouted at her "Dammit I wouldn't need a mistress if you did right!"

"Why am I alw-" Father had struck her. As Mother fell to the floor she cried, holding her face.

"Now mind your own damn business and go clean something! You're practically the maid of this house anyway!" Father left her lying there, I was too afraid to help her up.

As my older brother, Sean, and I watched from around the corner, Mother finally got up and checked her face for a handprint.

"Mother, a-are you ok?" I asked. She only looked into the mirror, nothing but a blank stare. As she moved her hand, I saw a bright shade of the colour red.
"Oh, Mother. " Sean said, sadly.

"Jenna, Sean," she wept. "I'm going to leave your father. Your step father will be a man that loves and cares for me, and doesn't hurt me and abuse Jenna."

"Mother, no. You can't go. You can't leave us," Sean and I quietly shouted.

"Jennifer Daphne Christian! Get your ass down here, now!"

His voice gives me all types of hell when he yells at me. As I slowly pried myself away from Mothers loving arms, I approached the staircase that lead down to the basement.

The old, wooden stairs creaked as the soft touch of my feet made contact.
"You can move a little quicker, you know. And shut that door too." He scolded.
_______________________

Hello there, I'm back with a different story. It's probably going to be difficult writing both at once, so please excuse things that sound familiar between the two. Love you.
~E.G.💕