Prologue

"Hey mom what are you reading?" Asked Alice. Her mother looked down from her seat up on her bed,smiled, and patted the space next to her. Alice climed her way up the bed and snuggled close to her mom.

" I'm reading a book about a very famous women" She answerd as she ran her hand threw her daughter's hair.

"Who?"

"Her name is Marilyn Monroe, she was a very famous actress" She answerd her as she twirled the young girl's blonde hair around her finger.

"Why would you read about her?" Alice asked further on as she took the book in her small hands and looked at the cover. Her mother thought about how to explain why Marilyn is fascinating to a four year old girl.

" Well you see, she was very powerful-"

"like the queen?"Alice eagerly inturrupped.

"No, she was powerful in the sense where ...she was very loved every where and not for the right reasons. She was a wise women stuck in a man's world" Alice looked at her mom and then looked back at the cover of the book. She traced the face of the  young blond haired women with her small finger.

"Here let me show you my favorite quote" Her mom said and opened the book,that was still on her daughter's lap.

"Here it is," Her mother said once she found the page.

"I Belive that everything happens for a reason.People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right,you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself,and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall togther"She read outloud.

Alice crinckeld her small freckeld nose as she thought.

"But mommy, that makes no sense!" She laughed,and her mother shook her head laughing along with her daughter.

" It does , trust me it does"  

***13YEARS LATER***

" Hey alice remeber that day I told you that Marilyn Monroe quote?" Alice's mother asked as she drained the spagetti.

"Oh ya"Alice answerd putting the garlic bread in the oven.

" do you understand it yet?" Alice straighten and thought about it. Did she? Her mother had asked her this question evry year, and the answer had always been no.

"No...actually I still don't" She said still in thought. Her mother glanced at her , smiled gently and gave a small shrug.

" Just wondering"

They bolth went back to making dinner and the subjet was long forgotten, and that year the answer had been no-diffrent.