Confession ~ Tobio Kageyama

Word count: 1313Female Reader/Male Reader/Gender Neutral ReaderFluff/Angst/SmutInspired by sweetdreamer979 's story "vs volleyball"

Word count: 1313
Female Reader/Male Reader/Gender Neutral Reader
Fluff/Angst/Smut
Inspired by sweetdreamer979 's story "vs volleyball"

"Y/n will you stop freaking out" Hinata said. "No I can't what if he rejects me." "He has done it to at least 50 other girls so I have every right to be nervous." You say pacing back and forth.

You were going to confess to Kageyama but almost every girl at school who confessed to Kageyama got rejected.

"Is she still freaking out?" Tsukishima said walking up to you with Yamaguchi. Hinata looks back at Tsukki and nods his head.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up" you say while clutching your stomach. "It's not that big of a deal, so what if your highness rejects you, I'm sure there is other boys that like you." Tsukishima says while rolling his eyes facing another direction.

"I don't kno- shit I have to go." As the school bell rings you pick up your backpack and start running to the spot where you asked Kageyama to meet you. "Good luck!" Yamaguchi says waving.

~~~tiny time skip~~~

As you wait outside waiting for Kageyama, your mind couldn't help but wander. You and Kageyama spend a lot of time together. Even though you weren't an official manger you helped Kiyoko and Yachi with manager things.

You always went to the boys' practices and games. You were basically a team member. You and Kageyama always did school work together. Y'all were really good friends. While you were hoping to be more than friends, you were also terrified that this would ruin the friendship.

"So you wanted to see me?" You flinch at the sound of the sudden voice.  "Y-yeah." You say stuttering. "So we are friends right, Kageyama?" You ask sounding questionable. "Yeah, one of my best friends tbh." He says slightly smiling.

"Well I- um- Kageyama I-." You are a stuttering mess. "Are you ok y/n?" "You sound nervous." He says pointing out your obvious nerves. You decide to buck up and say, "Kageyama I really like you, I've been crushing on you for a while." You say stopping yourself.

"Well I- um- Y/n- I don't really know what to say." He replies scratching his neck. Your heart starts to beat out of your chest. "I'm sorry but I can't return those feelings." He says bluntly.

Your heart drops.....

"S-sorry for wasting your time." You start walking away defeated.