Rose

(Cole and Lili have a little girl, Rose, she’s 3 and half)

It was summer, Cole and Lili decided to take their daughter for two weeks away of Los Angeles. For once she would be like every little girl of her age, happy with her mommy and daddy. Most of the time they were on sets so she would only see one of them while the other was filming a movie for weeks.

They didn’t tell her about that little getaway, they wanted to surprise the person who makes their life better than they ever expected it to be. They had packed every things they needed and they were leaving before Rose’s bedtime.

"Rose, come with me we have to tell you something." her mother told her, the little girl was scared, did she got in trouble ? Does one of her parents have to leave for the long weeks she hated so much? She didn't like the fact that she couldn't hug her mom when she was in the opposite side of the country. Or when her daddy couldn't read her the book of the night, the book which made her fall asleep because it was the lovely and calming voice of her father which reads it.

That's why when the, normally joyful kid who was running everywhere in the house, stoods shyly in front of her parents, ready to cry at any bad news coming, being scared of them.

"Hey Rose why aren't you smiling?" her father asked her, she couldn't answer so she just rushed into the big, comforting, arms of the man who loved her the most.

"I don't want you or mommy to leave me again." were the words she pronounced in her father's ear. She was now crying, letting the tears she was keeping in her heart leave her body.

"I'm not, and mom either, actually we had a really big and cool news for you baby." he told his daughter the same way she talked to him two minutes ago. He was holding her so close to him, knowing that his and his wife's work was really difficult for their daughter to live with. She loved her parents in a way she could never love someone else

Her mother was there, watching the two people she loved the most in the world. She didn't said anything, letting her daughter express her feelings to her dad. She knew he would find the right thing to say even if it broke her heart to watch her baby cry.

"But daddy, I'm scared." she said, her head in the crook of his neck.

"What are you scared of love?" he said trying to stop her tears but at the same time wanting her to cry everything she was keeping inside her tiny body.

"I'm scared that one day you or mommy will forget about me while you're far away, I'm scared that I'll be alone." this were the words which broke even more both of her parents' hearts.

"But sunshine, we aren't, we made you to have someone to love forever, we will never forget about you or leave you alone. I promise you, and you know I never promise something when I'm not sure of it. So it means that it's real, we love you forever and you'll always be in our heart." he said, trying not to cry even if it was hard for him, he loved his daughter as much as a person can possibly love someone else.

"Thank you daddy." she said, as she stopped crying.

"And you know what love? I hate leaving you to work because I miss you so much. But I don't have any choice so I always take one of your stuffed animal to hug at night when I'm alone." he said, telling, for the first time, his daughter about what he was doing for the past 3 years of his life.

" I love you daddy and I love mommy too." she said while leaving her dad to hug her mother. Her mother who was sure his man could make her daughter happy again.

"But now Rose, we called you to tell you a good news, you're going to love it." her mom told her.

"What is it? I wanna know!" the little girl who was crying minutes ago was now all excited about the news.