prologue

The heavenly aroma of pancakes wafted around the house as Jinyoung prepared breakfast for his little family. Jaebeom was sleeping soundly in their shared bedroom and their two year old son, Yugyeom, was in the living room playing with his toys.

"Baby, breakfast is ready, come eat!" Jinyoung called out.

Jaebeom grunted in his sleep and shouted," Just let me sleep a little while more, I slept really late last night, I'm really tired."

Jinyoung only shook his head and picked up their son from the floor and said,"Gyeomie, it's time for breakfast, we are having your favourite pancakes." "Yay" Yugyeom jeered happily raising his tiny hands into the air, smiling at Jinyoung.

After breakfast, Jinyoung tried to wake his husband up so that they could send their son to preschool together but Jaebeom refused to budge which made Jinyoung so angry that he yelled," All you care about is your company, you would work overtime every other day and end up not having any time for Yugyeom and I. Do we really mean nothing to you?"

After giving Jaebeom a piece of his mind, he stormed out with Yugyeom in his arms.

Jaebeom first though nothing of it but little did he know, that was the last time he could see Jinyoung.

Alive.