Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Ives' POV
I got up to look around for charlie. She was taking too long and I could sense that something was off. I walked into the surrounding forest and suddenly felt cold something was wrong. "Charlie!!" I yelled out to her. I was coming up on a clearing but it was too dark for me to see anything in front of me. When I reached the clearing I tripped and fell causing the branches around me to snap. I looked up and was terrified by what I saw. Then I passed out.
.............

Charlie's POV

I see Ives pass out. Nyx takes this opportunity to attack. I moved away and counter and got her across the face. It became an all out fight. But I quickly come out on top. "If you turn your back you will be labeled a traitor and people will come after all you love. Starting with that abomination." I heard Nyx laugh.
"So let them," I said as I picked up Ives by this time I'm back in my human form.
"I will protect them and you were wrong about humans." Nyx looked at me shocked.
"Are you serious right now, do you remember what they did to us, they nearly killed us all." Nyx said from the ground as she was too injured to get up.
I didn't forget it was how I got my name- Free Rein Killer or Chaosfangs. I was called because at the time I served no one, not even the devil himself, so I was able to be free and all the demons in the nine rings know a free hound is a chaos hound. Along with causing chaos I protected my pack and I killed any human that got close to us no matter who. It was all my intentions to make this a quick mission but then she happened. For some unknown reason I felt a pull toward her.
"Not all humans are bad." Was the last thing I said before flying off.

Ives POV

I woke and all I saw was the sky. Confused I freaked out not realizing that you were flying and pushed myself out of Charlie's arms. "Shit" I said to myself right before I started falling. I looked up at her shocked and slightly frightened. Wondering if I should try and catch myself or trust her. I chose the latter.

I see Charlie dive after me. "Hey Ives, you should have been more careful and more aware of where we are." She said.

"I-I'm sorry" is all I can manage to get out.

"So in the forest how much did you hear." Charlie asks a bit nervously. "And how much did you see"

"All I heard were growls but it was almost like voices. Then these creatures. i don't know what they were but they were like flames, and one of them even had wings." Almost like yours I think to myself. I then look up at her and back down. "you.. you must think i'm crazy," I sigh out." I must have just hit my head, and started seeing things. "

Charlie seems to be thinking about something before she answers. "No you're not crazy," she responds as we get back to Her house.
"Ives, do you know Demons are?" she asked as she started to bring out some books.

" Umm demons, nooo they aren't real just things or stories" i say wondering if she knows.

"well they are real," Charlie said as she handed me books about different types of demons, "millennia ago there was a war against your people and demons. Your people won because demons were weak at the time. You should know the story was fictional and you learned about it when you were younger."

I sigh "I do know the story." I say I hang my head down. Uneasy about what I need to say.
'But she must know.' I looked up just as she was finishing the story.

"Yes and after awhile demons disappear saying that they were all killed or to regroup."

Well here goes nothing, "Do you know what you get when a demon and human conceive a child," I ask, avoiding looking at her.

"We were taught to call them abominations," She said " you don't mean," She stared at me.

" I.. I'm a hybrid or more commonly known as a warlock" I say, making the books Charlie holding start floating.

"I thought all hybrids were wiped out," She said shocked. "Oh my grim that amazing." The books stop floating and drop on the floor causing the hellhound book to open to a page about how deadly they are.

How hounds shouldn't be befriended at all only demons have them.

" Huh that's odd" I say picking the book up looking at the open page. There's a picture of a hound and everything about them. It even shows a picture of the one I saw in the forest.