20

Camila's POV

I traded my slacks for a fitted pair of jeans and my heels for socks and comfortable tennis shoes. Now I feel like a hundred bucks.

"I smell fish. Christine will be happy," I laugh as we walk arm in arm into the Pike Place Market.

She chuckles and I love the rich sound that somehow makes its way above the loud roar of people shopping in the market. "I think she will be, Bunny."

"What's up Dubois' butt anyway?" I question and stop to inhale a bouquet of pink and yellow roses. "He's been grumpier than usual today. I guess he doesn't like me much, huh?"

When I pop back up and glance at Laur, she seems angry—her jaw clenches and the deep green turns grey. "He's protective over me is all."

I nod and don't push the matter any further. She's been fun to be around today and I don't want her to go back to being a jerk. Together, we make it through the maze of people and browse trinkets and treats on the way to the "soccer mom" restaurant. When I've officially driven her crazy, and like a little kid begged for everything, we finally make it to the end and she guides me into a casual seafood restaurant. The server seats us by a window that has a spectacular view of the Sound and the Ferris wheel. She orders a bottle of their finest wine—which only costs twenty eight dollars—and studies the menu with a sour pout.

"You're spoiled, Lauren Jauregui."

She peers over her menu and her gaze darkens. "And you like pushing your luck, toy."

I swallow and glance back down at my menu. Something happened from the time we got out of the car until now to change her mood. She's not the playful girlfriend-type sex god from earlier. Now, she's back to playing master and if I don't cut the shit, she'll probably bend me over her knee right here in the restaurant. The image of her sliding her belt off and having me bare my ass to her in front of everyone causes heat to rush through me, straight to my core.

"I hate your spankings," I say in a whisper. "But for some reason, I think about them a lot. And for some really odd reason, it makes me hot."

she grits her teeth and drops her menu. "I should make you suck my cock right here under this table."

I have to look away for a moment, unable to meet her eyes. Images of her humiliating suggestion heat my cheeks and causes an ache of need to bloom in my lower belly. When I look up again, I find her shaking his head.

"Jesus, Bunny. Does anything frighten you?"

My skin chills as I think about him. I blink away my nauseating memories and glance down at the menu. "Have you tried the salmon here?"

I know she hasn't but I'm desperate to change the subject.

Her foot nudges mine under the table and I feel compelled to look at her. She demands attention without uttering a word. Authority pulsates through the air—charging it—as she watches me. I'm not afraid of her—quite the opposite actually. When she gets all "I'm the Master" on me, I get turned on.

"I'm going to find out what scares you," she tells me with a growl, "and I'm going to make you face it."

She'll never know.

She'll never know.

"What can I get you two?" The server smiles at us and thankfully disrupts our odd exchange.

I'm still frozen somewhere between the past and the present so Laur orders the salmon for me.

"I will find out, Bunny."