1. Welcome To The North Star

Skye's POV

      "I can't believe mum grew up here. I-I mean, why would she ever leave?" I smiled, staring out the window. "Uh, hello?" Dad replied, gesturing to himself. "I repeat, why would she ever leave?" I shook my head at him. "Just don't get too attached Skye, it's not forever. We need to at least think about your future." He told me. "Oh, yes! I've gotta call Josh, he's gonna love this!" I exclaimed as I pulled out my phone, completely ignoring him. "Hey Skye!" Josh smiled as he answered. I turn my phone to look outside. "Check out that view! Great right?" I turn the phone back to me. "I'm a city boy." He shook his head. "Hey, how are you gonna find a boyfriend with all those trees?" I gave him a look to shut up. "A boyfriend's a thing now?" My dad questioned. "No, I just wanna fit in here." Then the radio came on. "Oh, this song is crushing it! Turn it up!" Josh exclaimed. 

Bold: Skye/Ben Underlined: Josh/Sean Both: Both

Skye and Josh

      Yeah, today got wings. And we all, all in. This is where our song begins. Roll the windows down, taking in the sound. It's a new gear kicking in. Don't make me wait another minute. No, not another minute. I can't wait for then to be now. I'm gonna show you how. Starting over, starting now. Stepping out. Taking over, breaking ground. Get in on the ready set. Are we there yet? Gonna show you how. Starting over, starting now.

Ben and Sean

      Don't make me wait another minute. No, not another minute. I can't wait for then to be now.

Skye

      I'm gonna show you how. Starting over, starting now. Stepping out.

Ben and Sean

      Taking over, breaking ground. Get in on the ready set. Are we there yet?

Skye

      Gonna show you how. Starting over, starting now.

      After hanging up with Josh, we were continuing down the road when someone jumped out in front of the car, causing dad to slam the brakes, which then led to the car breaking down. I got out of the car to see who jumped in front of us. "Can't you ride?" I exclaimed, walking over to the guy, who then took off him helmet. Ok, he's cute. "Sorry, did I break the car?" He asked in a cute Scottish accent. "I'm gonna have to call the break down people now." Dad said, after opening up the hood. "Are you guys staying at the North Star? There's a short cut down that path." The guy told us, pointing towards the path. "You hear that? We can walk." I said to my dad as he checked the engine. "What's his name?" The guy asked me. "I usually go with 'Dad'." I told him. "Dad!" He said, causing my dad to hit his head on the hood as he turned to look at him. "Hi, I'm Sean. I can take her. Feel free to check me out." He said handing my dad a card, before walking around the side of the car and grabbing a helmet. He then came back and handed it to me. "Why would I need that?" 

      We got on his bike and went off, though I don't think dad was too happy. "So are you from the city?" He asked me after a few minutes. "Does it show?" I asked. "Yeah, a bit." He replied with a bit of a chuckle. "So, I've met dad. What's your mum like?" He then asked, causing me to pause for a moment. "She died about a year ago." I said quietly. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said, pausing for a moment before speaking again. "So does the city girl have a name?" He asked, changing the subject. "Skye." I told him. We arrived not long after, hopping off the bike. "That was fun! Let's take a selfie." I smiled, him joining me for a picture. I then saw my grandad come outside. I guess Sean saw him too. He let out a bit of a groan. "The guy that owns the place. Hates me for hanging around cause I'm not a guest. Major buzz kill. I heard his family's all the same." I just smiled before running up to him, passing a girl who walked over to Sean. "Skye!" He smiled at me. "Hi grandad!" I smiled, hugging him tightly. "Your dad called, he should really give up that car. I've sent someone to help. Come on, let's reunite you with the place." He said, taking my hand. I turned to look back at Sean. "Don't believe everything you hear." I said with a smile before heading inside.