2. The Photo

Skye's POV

      My grandad gave me my mom's old room. I'm so happy. I get to see everything that made her so happy here. I also met some of the other staff members. Kaylee, Noah, and Ben. Kaylee and Noah seemed kinda rude, but Ben was worse. I sent Josh the picture of Sean and I, and he immediately freaked out over the possibility of me having a future boyf. I just laughed and left it alone. I started looking around my new room, finding some of my mom's old stuff. I found some old pictures, some of my mom, some of her with other people. But there was one that didn't look like my mom or anyone else from the other photos. This one was a girl, who looked about a year or two younger than me. No telling how old she is now, since I didn't know how long this picture had been here. I could always ask grandad. 

      I heard a knock on my door and went over to open it. Ben was standing on the other side, with some supplies. "Can I help you?" I asked him. "Do you want your room cleaned or not?" He asked rather harshly. Without saying anything, I stepped out of the way for him to enter. He started cleaning, and I took a seat on my bed. Then when I tried to talk to him, he put his headphones in to ignore me. "Ok, that's it!" I went over and pulled his headphones out. "Ever since I got here you people have been nothing but rude to me!" His expression didn't change. "Look we all love this place. You and your dad just come along and sell it." This confused me. "We aren't selling it." I told him. "You don't know?" He replied, realization appearing on his face. "Know what?" I asked. "Your dad is selling the lodge." He told me. I ran out of the room to find my dad, Ben following behind me. "You're selling the lodge?!" I exclaimed, seeing my dad in the lobby with someone else.  "Skye, we can't afford to keep this place." He sighed. "You can't do this! This was mom's place!" I felt tears starting to form in my eyes. "You can't do this!" I yelled before running out. I would've kept running, had I not run into someone. 

      "Woah! Skye, are you ok?" I heard Sean, looking up to see him holding a hand out for me. I took it and he helped me up. "No, my dad is selling the lodge." I told him, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "Hey, why don't you come with us. We're having one last little hangout, to say goodbye to the lodge." Ben told me. "I'm not so sure I'm welcome there." I mumbled a bit. "You didn't know. They'll understand." He assured me. I gave him a slight smile. "Ok." I nodded. I hopped on Sean's bike with him, Ben taking his own. We went down by a lake, where the others were playing volleyball. They all paused when they saw me. "I had no idea my dad was selling the lodge." I told them as I approached. "I'm so sorry." I spoke. "You really didn't know?" Kaylee spoke up. "No." I shook my head. "Sorry we were so rude. We thought you knew." Noah chimed in. "Mind if I join in?" I asked. "Sure." They smiled at me. "I'm Danielle by the way, Sean's girlfriend." Another girl said, who might I add, looked really out of place here. Everyone else was in work outfits, and she was dressed to impress. "So did Sean tell you his dad's the one buying the lodge?" She asked as she served. I froze, the volleyball hitting me in the head. Everyone else froze too. "Your dad's the one buying?" I looked at Sean, hurt in my eyes. I turned and ran off. Ben ran over to me. "Maybe you can talk to your dad." He suggested. "Skye, I'm so sorry." Sean spoke as he ran over. 

      "I can stop the sell. I need to get to the lodge." I spoke. "I'll take you." Sean said before Ben spoke up, handing me a helmet as he was already on his bike. "I'm faster." He stated, as I took the helmet from him and hopped on the back. He was right, he was faster. We reached the lodge in no time. I ran in and grabbed the papers from my dad's hand, throwing them in the air. "You can't sell the lodge." I stated. "Skye, we can't afford to keep it. Gil's paying good money." He told me. "We can renovate the place. Bring in more customers. More guests." I told him, as the rest of the group came inside. "We can all pitch in. I know we can make this place great again." He sighed as he looked at me. "Alright. I'll hold off on selling for now." Gil wasn't too happy about this. He left, but not before talking to Sean, who I still wasn't very happy with. I looked at Ben with a smile before taking his hand and running outside with the others. We all grabbed the sold sign from the yard and pulled it out of the ground. We all fell to the ground laughing together. I think I'm gonna fit in here just fine.