s m i l e

It was physical education. The hour of sweaty vaginas and terrorized adolescents (sorry for the visual). My gym teacher said that the reason why she was so hard on us was because she loved us and she couldn't stand by and watch get fat. Thank you so very much, Ms. Snow...as in PRESIDENT SNOW. YES, THAT'S RIGHT. OUR INSANE GYM TEACHER IS A MERCILESS POWERFUL DICTATOR WHO MOST ASSUME TO BE DEAD...AND FICTIONAL. BUT WE HAVE THE REAL PROOF RIGHT HERE.

"Cira! Are you listening? What did I just ask everyone to do?" She waves her hands around the gymnasium. All of my fellow districts are running laps for the evil rose-loving president.

"Are you President Snow?" I ask in a convicting tone.

"If I was 'President Snow' I would have much better things to do with my life than be a gym teacher. Run your laps. PLEASE!" She huffs. I am not so easily convinced. She used to say 'NOW!' at the end, but the school district thought that she was being too mean to us, so now she just screams 'PLEASE!'.

"Don't you have any humanity left in that leather upholstered and cigarette smoke stuffed carcass of yours?" I plead.

"At first I feel bad for awhile, but then I just smile. I go ahead and smile."

I have no idea what just happened.

/\/\/\/

5-15-25. 5-15-25. 5-15-25.

Well, apparently my locker hates me because third time is SUPPOSED TO BE the charm goddamn it. Ugh, fuck my life.

Don't you mean fml, Cira?

No, I mean FUCK. MY. LIFE.
Nasty little fucker.

But I am you, Cira. You are me. Lol. You just called yourself a nasty little fucker. Omfg I can't even rn.

Why are we even having this conversation, Subconscious?
You don't know?
Well, then Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Stfu.

Fuck you.

"Hi." Someone taps my shoulder.

"What?" I spin around, thinking I'll find a murderous baby or some shit. But, no. It's just Evan, "Jesus-fuck. You scared me." I, being the over-dramatic shit I am, clutched my chest.

"But, the good kind of scared?"

"The fuck? There is no GOOD KIND of scared, Evan."

"Oh," he pauses, "Smile, it's been a while, since everyday and everything has felt this right."

What the fuck is up with people today?

L. Allen. A. Lavigne

I have a couple notes for da baes:
1. I'm so sorry, IK IK IK that Ms. Snow is a total cliche and shit but I don't give a fuck.

Bay, it's idgaf.

2. That conversation Cira has with herself -- it's me. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I am very curious as to everyone else's conversations with them self (themselves? I suck with grammar) and if you are reading this far or if you even read the chapter, could you comment below what your conversations are like? I'm just very curious.

3. I'm so so so sorry that the song(s) in this chapter was/were all over the place and only in dialogue bc I'm too lazy but yeah. I'm sorry.

4. The Jesus-Fuck line was a shout out to Eleanor and Park (by Rainbow Rowell), which I started reading recently. If you have read it YAY but no spoilers. If you haven't read it, it is amazing and you should definitely read it.

5. WOW THIS
AUTHORS NOTE IS FUCKING LONG. BYYYYE

B A Y