vii. Two lives

Hehe....fair warning! Me sworry.

"WHERE WERE YOU!" The king yelled with anger. Gun looked at the princess and she nodded.

"I've thought about it, and I am choosing to marry her." A shit eating grin was placed on the king's face-it was repulsive to say

"Finally you've come to your senses. I knew she would be a good choice for you." Off stared at Gun, he could see how angry the male was by the way his fist were tightly clamped together he could see the red color drain and turn white.

"Of course father." Gun said with a neutral tone, yet Off and the princess could hear the small displeasure his voice held.

"This calls for a celebration! In 2 days we will have their wedding and the next day will be his coronation." The king was ecstatic, the feeling of pride filling his ego to the brim. "READY THE DECORATIONS" he yelled with enthusiasm, very much the opposite emotion not more than 20 minutes ago.

Off, Gun and the princess walked out of the throne room "why didn't you tell him?" She questioned referring to the elder maid from before.

"On our wedding night, we both get one 'wish' and the king and queen have to oblige. I'll ask for her to come back."

"You're really going through with this? She had denied you, why would you still fight for this?" The princess questioned with puzzlement.

"She was more of a parent to me than my own. We all know how bad that building is, it won't last long. On our wedding night I'll ask for that and then, he would have no choice but to let her come back"

"What if she has a reason she doesn't want to return?" Off questioned from behind the royal, even though his relationship with the royals was different he couldn't just drop all the things that were mending into him.

As much as it hurt to know, he was still just a servant. It might seem cowardly but he can't just drop this commoner act and become all buddy buddy with the royals. He was taught from a young age what he could and couldn't do with royals.

"And what would that be?" Slight anger filled Gun's voice, he was angry about how happy his father was to see Gun accept the proposal to get married off. He hated the feeling of knowing he was some toy, that was being passed around for the king's benefits.

"She might be afraid of your father. The king. You could clearly see the terror when she spoke about him." Off spoke ignoring the angry remark Gun had spat. The trio were now standing in a hallway exclusively only for royals, not even royal guards were allowed-let alone servants.

"Why should she be afraid for him! He's nothing but-"

"You wouldn't understand as you're a royal." Off cut Gun calmly, but his demeanor seemed to break each passing minute.

"What's that supposed to mean!"

"Let's just calm down, we should-" the princess tried to stop this argument before someone got hurt-either emotionally or physically.

"You're not afraid of him because he's your father. You've stood against him so many times, and have been fine. We can't do that, if we defy the king we die, if we get fired or quit from the royal family, we aren't able to work anywhere else. Gun you hate that you're a royal and want to live as a commoner but you still have privileges. You would never be able to live as a commoner, because you don't know what we have to suffer through. We-" Off looked around his surroundings and smiled sadly.