Chapter 2

The next day, Natalie got to the college very early.
"Okay there should be no way he would be here this early." Natalie said to herself walking down the corridor. "He usually gets up 10 minutes before-"
The last words of the sentence were drowned in her shock of spotting something peculiar in the class.

Chase was sitting alone in the class.
"H-How?" Was the only thing that Natalie was able to say.
"Good morning, dear." Chase greeted brightly.
"Don't call me dear, you idiot." Natalie barked.
"You look so cute when you are angry." Chase remarked.

2 minutes later.

Chase was lying on the table groaning in pain. Natalie sat down and started solving her maths homework.
"You didn't have to punch me so hard. That too in the face." Chase groaned.
"Shut up. Because of you I wasn't able to focus on my maths homework last night." Natalie said.
"Come on it was easy." Chase said sitting up.
"Well forgive me, not all are maths geniuses like you, Chase." Natalie snapped back.
"Thanks for the compliment." Chase said leaning in to look at Natalie's book. "And you are doing this step wrong. It's supposed to be sin by cos not cos by sin." (Trigonometry terms.)
"I don't need your help." Natalie said.
"Well I will help you, whether you like it or not because we have 1 hour for maths class." Chase said.
For the next 30 minutes Chase struggled to help Natalie to complete her maths homework and finally managed to finish the homework before the other students started to arrive.
"T-Thank you, I guess." Natalie said.
"You're welcome. I'll help you whenever you want." Chase said smiling.
Natalie went bright red. 'Wait, why am I blushing?' she thought.

After the classes, Natalie and Chase were walking towards their homes.
"Why are you following me?" Natalie asked.
"We live next to each other, dummy." Chase replied. "Did you forget again?"
Natalie ignored his question. She kept a one arm distance between him and her during the entire walk home.

"Natalie, can you come down?" Hayley called out few minutes before dinner.
"Yeah, what's up sis?" Natalie said coming down.
"Go and call Chase over for dinner." Hayley said.
"What? Why me?" Natalie asked.
"Because you are the only one free here and plus I thought to invite him over for dinner tonight." Hayley said.
"Okay fine. What's for dinner?" Natalie asked.
"Fried chicken with rice and curry. Now go grab your lover." Hayley said smirking.
"He's. Not. My. Lover." Natalie replied through her teeth.
Natalie left her house and started to walk over to Chase's home. On her way there she almost bumped into someone.
"Watch where you are going, My lady." Came Chase's voice.
"Don't call me that." Natalie said.
"Whoa, whoa, careful. I'm holding something here." Chase said going backwards.
Natalie looked at Chase who was holding a vessel.
"What's that?" She asked.
"Vegetable soup. I made it." Chase replied. "Anyway what are you doing here?"
"Hayley told me to call you over for dinner." Natalie replied. "And don't say no, I'm really hungry and I can't deal with this crap."
"Okay, okay. I'll come over." Chase said.

"You really didn't need to bring over something." Hayley said.
"Well I was bringing it over, and I met Natalie on my way here." Chase said. "By the way this is really good."
"Thank you." Hayley said. "And I didn't know you could cook. I always thought your friends sent some food or you ordered something."
"Well I just recently managed to learn to cook. Before that it was just order food or my friends would send over some food." Chase replied. "My sister started to give some instructions for some dishes and then I learned to cook more than just an omelette sandwich."
"Natalie, why are so so silent?" Hayley asked.
"I just don't have anything to talk about." Natalie said.
"Well I do." Chase said. "I noticed that Natalie's grades in maths are dropping. So if you don't mind I could try to help her out."
"I don't actually mind you coming over or Natalie going over to learn." Hayley said. "Natalie, what do you think?"
Natalie contemplated for a while.
"Fine, but only for him to help me in maths. If he tries anything then I won't hesitate to kill him." Natalie said.
"Any fee, Chase?" Hayley asked.
"No fees but I will be content if I can have dinner with you guys." Chase said. "It's pretty lonely at my place."
"You are always welcome to our house, Chase." Mr. Davis said entering.
"Dad, when did you arrive? We didn't hear you open the door." Hayley said getting up.
"Maybe you were too engrossed in the conversation here." Mr. Davis said. "I don't mind either if Chase tutors Natalie."
'What's so charming about this idiot? It's like he has a charm or something over them.' Natalie thought.

The weekend started and Chase started to come over for tutoring Natalie. For a laid back guy, he seemed very strict.
"My mind doesn't work like yours, idiot." Natalie said when Chase called her out for another mistake.
"Of course it doesn't. Doesn't mean that you don't try." Chase said looking at the clock. "I think we should take a break, Miss impatient."
"Why are you giving me names every time?" Natalie asked.
"Based on the interaction we have, you would be either called Miss impatient or angry bird." Chase said smiling. "Anyway come on I'll make something to eat."
Hayley and Mr. Davis had gone for work, so Chase and Natalie were left alone in the house.
"Like what?" Natalie asked as they went down the stairs.
"I'll have to check your ingredients and I can decide what to make." Chase said.

After a half an hour, Chase placed 2 bowls on the dining table.
"Here you go, chicken noodle soup." Chase said sitting down. "You guys sure have a lot of chicken here."
"I don't know why do we have so much." Natalie said drinking the soup. "What?"
Chase was looking at Natalie.
"So how's it?" He asked.
"It's good." Natalie said. "When did you learn to make this?"
"Last Saturday." Chase replied smiling. "Glad you like it. There are leftovers for seconds and more for your sister and father when they come back."