[𝚘𝚜] - 𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚒 𝚔𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘

“𝚘𝚑, 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝

“𝚘𝚑, 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜, 𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝.”

- 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

(for female readers)

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Y/N HATED THOSE DAMN CURSED SPIRITS--- she hated them with every bit of her being, with every last drop of her soul. she couldn't do anything but watch as the both of them grow apart, fingers retracting from one another as it's partner slowly goes astray.

she had not pried any further and watched as the two partners isolate and give their last breaths, heartbroken, incomplete, empty. she wished she had done something-- anything to satisfy her human like heart but it was impossible. not when she was being watched by hundreds of them, surrounding her like a flock.

they knew that if she was to pull anything, she'd be dead.

it was currently october 31st, the day she was forced to experience something so horrible, so gruesome. she was to kill humans because she was a cursed spirit herself. a cursed spirit with a human heart. so there she goes, swinging her axe with tears running down her face, sight blurry as she tries to ignore the pungent smell of blood sneaking its way through her nose.

how horrible. she had thought, yet she couldn't do much but sympathize with them. she was killing them right in front of her eyes so it felt wrong if she was to do anything other than to feel sorry for them.

she screamed and she yelled, trying to ease the frustration she held but as of no use. she didn't want to become like this, a spirit with a human heart, a spirit so pitiful yet so spiteful. she wanted to leave but her fellow cursed spirits were cruel. they were stronger than her, they were fiercer.

“you do not enjoy killing humans, do you?” a sudden voice spoke. y/n had flinched, pulling her big axe away from the human she had just recently killed. slowly, she turned around with tears still blurring her eyes as she tries to make out the form in front of her. y/n squinted slowly, rubbing her orbs and finally making out what was in front of her.

it was a human, and a powerful one at that. she could tell, but she did not flinch again. she just stared. stared for a few seconds before she sniffed, letting out muffled words. “kill me, please...” her fragile voice spoke. the man looked generally surprised as he winced, fixing his tie. “why? there are humans right there in front of you, isn't that paradise?”

y/n bit her lip softly, dropping down to her knees and looking at the blood splattered all around her fingers. it felt disgusting; she wanted to puke. “no... kill me, i don't want to eat them...” she whispered lowly.

she felt silence surround the room for a few seconds before the tall man cleared his voice. “do all cursed spirits have hearts?” he ignored. y/n chuckled, shakily bringing herself up,

“kill me.... please...”

“i don't wanna see myself kill, please, not anymore....”

“suppose you do have a heart, why don't you stop killing people of your own accord?”

“i d-don't even know what's wrong with me... i don't know! i just... i don't wanna kill them any further! so please, just kill me, kill me!” y/n had shouted, but the man in front of her dare not budge. he gawked at the woman with his glasses, not making any sort of movement whatsoever.

nanami was still a bit skeptical about the proposal. he was perplexed on whether or not she was actually being serious, or if she was just faking the whole thing. he knew cursed spirits have brains and if he were to guess, y/n was most likely the same as all of them; a cursed spirit he'd have to kill once again only this time, she had the heart of human.

“what do you think i'll get out of this if i waste my energy to kill you?” he muttered. y/n had flinched, looking at the man with bright, hopeful eyes. nanami could see just how desperate she really was in dying; could someone really have caused her that much pain?

“a-anything! i'll give you anything before i die!” y/n desperately pleaded. she quickly ran towards him, throwing the weapon away as he placed his guard up. once she was in front of him, she kneeled and dug her head to the hard floor. “just... kill me, please!” y/n yelled, fresh tears cascading down her face.

silence eroded between the two of them. y/n did not pull ay stunts so far, nanami had thought. he knew that some of the curses he'd encounter so far were past humans as well, only difference was they had no control over their fragmented bodies so they were forced to beg, to let someone kill them as they kill people.

you were the same but nanami saw just how well you were able to move by yourself without having to lose control. perhaps there was something watching you? someone guarding over your every move? and suddenly, something pinged within him.

“are you sure you really want this?” he asked as he prepped his weapon, softly touching its handle. y/n rose up and looked at him with tears still gushing down her face. this was her chance, no way in hell would she have to waste the chance to escape such an ugly world she was living in.

so she nodded vigorously, biting her lip and closing her eyes, waiting for his weapon to slash her weak spot. like every other human being, she had a heart but even so, that heart of hers, that human like heart, so kind and so peaceful, wasn't to be accepted.

she didn't want to kill any further; her hands have been dirtied far enough. therefore with a small smile smearing her kind face and her eyes closed, she accepted her destiny as she thanked the man inside her head plenty of times. she oughta return the offer when she sees her again in the afterlife.

nanami finally swung his weapon, blood scattering around the dirty floor and his hand. he hated how his suit was dirtied and how his hands were filled with the scent of blood but he hastily wiped them away. he fixed his glasses, looking at your body one last time.

“i'll see you soon, y/n.”

and he left, to kill more cursed spirits. to slaughter all those cursed spirits who went as far as to damaging your gentle soul.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊  ┊  ┊   ┊  ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊  ┊   ☆ ┊  ┊  ┊

┊  ┊   ✬       ✬   ┊   ┊

┊  ★              ★    ┊

☆                     ☆

Published a new book! A Levi Ackerman fanfic , check it out!!