Chapter 5: The truth comes out

*****

Draco positively floated through the next half of the day, smiling unabashedly at Pansy and Blaise when he came down to the Great Hall to eat. They were instantly suspicious and took the liberty of finding out what exactly had happened. Draco ignored them and tried valiantly to not look at Harry. Draco's good mood was quickly ruined when Harry walked up to him after lunch while he was still with Blaise and Pansy. Draco closed his eyes knowing that any thing Potter said would be a dead give away to what happened. This wasn't going to go well.

"Uhm- Draco can we talk?" Harry asked bouncing lightly up and down on the balls of his feet. Pansy looked away from Blaise and sneered at Harry.

"What do you want Potter?" she asked rudely. Blaise also looked at Harry and raised an eyebrow at Harry's use of Draco's first name. Harry ignored both of them and stared intensely at Draco fidgeting with his hands.

"Go away Potter" Draco muttered half-heartedly suddenly very interested in the floor next to Pansy's feet. He knew Pansy or at the very least Blaise would get suspicious since it had only been a day since he had kissed Potter for the first time. Harry looked at him with confused eyes.

"I wanted to ask what you were gonna say yesterday when you were talking about what happened the day before-"

"Potter!" Draco interrupted him eyes wide as he dragged his gaze up from the floor. He winced inside at the expression Blaise and Pansy were sure to be making as they figured out what exactly had happened after Draco had run off that night. Harry's brows drew together still frustratingly oblivious to what was going on.

"We can talk about this later." Draco said stressing the part where Harry was to leave and daring a quick glance at Blaise and Pansy. Blaise's eyes were wide and his eyebrows were somewhere near his hairline, while Pansy's jaw was wide open and was was staring at the two of them, gaze darting between Draco and Harry, and her brain struggled to catch up to the implications of what Harry had just said. Draco took a deep breath and looked back at Harry and widened his eyes slightly signaling for him to leave. Harry tipped his head to the side but nodded and backed off leaving the great Hall empty except for the three of them. As soon as he was gone Draco expected a barrage of questions from Pansy but it seemed she was still in shock staring blankly at Draco, mouth still hanging slightly open. Blaise jumped at his opportunity to tear into Draco first.

"You snogged Potter!" He said incredulously. Draco winced and that sentence seemed to bring Pansy out of her shock.

"Draco what the fuck! You're gay!?" Pansy screeched, the last part of her sentence echoing around the Great Hall. Draco pressed his lips together, thanked Merlin no one else was in there, and ran through his head the list of ways he could answer that. He opened his mouth but closed it again deciding that insulting her intelligence wouldn't be the best way to go about this.

"Yes," he sighed simply, predicting her response.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me!" She asked, lowering her volume once she realized how loudly her voice echoed.

"I wasn't sure until you bloody decided to make me kiss the bloke i had a fucking crush on" Draco said back fiercely.

"So you have a crush on Potter" Blaise broke in evidently having gotten his surprise under control and sounding rather amused at the exchange currently going on between Draco and Pansy. Draco glared at him.

"Yes." he answered frostily. "And I slammed him against the wall and fucking kissed him."

Pansy grimaced. Blaise looked like he was trying not to laugh.