eight

♫ Every night, every weekend, weeknightAll my lights off when I wake upTears under my makeupYour lips will stay shut, wanna wake up, break up ♪{Lykke Li—Sex money feelings die}

Every night, every weekend, weeknight
All my lights off when I wake up
Tears under my makeup
Your lips will stay shut, wanna wake up, break up

{Lykke Li—Sex money feelings die}

Despite her restless dreams and hazy hangover upon waking up, Coralie had made up her mind. Bella and Delilah were correct—blocking the three main culprits out of her life was for the best, for now. Until she decided which of them—if any—were the right fit.

Minutes after grabbing her phone, she sat up straight in bed, took a deep breath, and texted them, starting with Ryan, that she'd seen most recently.

CORALIE: I wanted to let you know that to focus on my job and on myself, I'm going to block your number—indefinitely. I'll reactivate it when I'm ready. Take care ♥

It was a bit impersonal, but with the way they'd left things—him sneaking out of her office, and her struggling to slip her pants back on—she knew he'd understand. If anything, he'd agree with her that severing that link between them might make things easier for them both.

Next was Chester, and she gave him a remix of the same spiel she'd given Ryan. She made it a little more personal, mentioning how he'd been correct, they couldn't be friends, and while they worked in the same building, cutting off phone contact would be ideal.

It was the last message she dreaded the most. The one for Michael—who'd be there that weekend and who was expecting a reply on whether she'd see him. He'd done nothing to deserve the break; nothing but be supportive and caring. Nothing but be the finest boyfriend a woman could ask for, and Coralie kept blowing it.

"Fuck, I'm an asshole." She clicked on the last message they'd exchanged, and stared at the screen for a few seconds before coming up with something to say to him.

CORALIE: Hey. I've not made up my mind yet, but to concentrate on my work, I have to block your number. Just for a little while... so I can figure things out. I'll contact you via Facebook to let you know if I choose to meet up with you or not. I'm sorry for being so indecisive and complicated. It's for the best that I get some distance. Take care ♥

"Take care? Ugh." She gagged and tossed her phone across the bed as she threw the covers off. But once she was standing, and fighting a bout of dizziness, she glared at the phone again. "No, wait—I need to block them on everything. Social media, too. Not Michael... but the other two."

She hurried to deactivate Chester and Ryan from her Facebook and Instagram, and a strange wave of relief overcame her. No more stalking their profiles, or sitting around wondering if they were stalking hers. No more gritting her teeth at their handsome pictures and struggling not to like everything they posted. For a few weeks, she wouldn't have that burden on her; and maybe, maybe, her libido would calm the hell down.

As she showered, she found that no, her libido had no intention of settling down, not yet. It took all her might to not envision Michael behind her, washing her back, kissing her neck. Or Chester massaging her scalp with peppermint shampoo while licking her lips, slowly, sensually. Or Ryan gently pressing her against the wall and sliding his fingers into—