Training

Alex:

Clary and Jace wasn't happy Aunt Izzy let me change my hair. I guess they wanted their little girl back and they wanted her to stay the same. I didn't want to stay the same. I didn't want to look anything like my parents. I would change everything about me and they would have to deal with it. I didn't have to listen to them. They weren't my boss or anything. 

I unpacked my bags of clothes and shoes. I had about fifteen bags on my bed that I had to unload. I took a bunch of shirts out of a black bag from Hot Topic. I folded them nice and neat before putting them in my dresser drawer. I learned to be organized about my room and everything else because of Uncle Sebastian. He would check Kory and my rooms on random days to make sure they were neat and organized. At first, my room was never clean but after a while, of punishments I started keeping it nice. Kory would still sometimes get in trouble for having his bed unmade or his cloths thrown on the ground. 

After a half hour, I got every bag unpacked without being bothered by anyone. I would have thought someone would have come see me but they were all probably still arguing about what I did to my hair. I didn't care though. I didn't want to stay in my new room any longer. I wanted it to be like it had been for nine years. I left my room and went to Kory's room. I knocked on his door and heard his soft feet walking towards the door. Kory opened the door and smiled when he saw it was me. I smiled back before speaking. 

"What to go to the training room with me?" I asked. He looked down the hall before answering.

"I don't think you should show that you know how to fight." He said quietly. "They'll know you've been training during the years you were gone and get suspicious of what really happened. "I rolled my eyes but he had a point. I didn't really know how to fight good when I had left now I was one of the best. I sighed training made me feel at home but I couldn't show what I can do. 

Someone came around the corner. He was tall with dark brown hair. He had hazel eyes with a touch of blue kind of, like Kory's but different. It was a soft blue that you could barely see if you didn’t look closely. I knew him as Magnus's and Uncle Alec's adoptive child. I had forgotten his name but I saw him fighting a demon at Uncle Sebastian's house when they came to 'rescue' me. I gave a devilish smile at Kory. I wanted to train but we could show our skills so we would just need someone to 'teach' us.

"Hey." I said when he got closer. "I'm sorry but I forgot your name." I gave a little laugh. He looked up in surprise. He hasn't saw us standing there. He looked from Kory to me. When his eyes shifted to me, a wide smile spread across his face.

"Oh hey Alex, its Malachi" He said, "what's up?" He still only looked at me. He didn't even think to glance in Kory's direction.

"We wanted to go train but we haven't in years." I said. My voice went soft for my next sentence. "Cause... Sebastian never let us." His eyes went soft. I didn't think his eyes could get any softer that what they already where.

"Let me change." He said as he went to his bedroom door a few doors down from Kory's. "I'll met you in the training room in ten." I watched him walk in and close the door behind him. I turned to face Kory again. He was looking where Malachi had just disappeared into his room.

"What to go train?" I asked again with a smirk. He looked down at me. Even though I was somewhat tall, he still stood over me about 4 inches.

"They'll find out." He said then smirked. "We all know you can't keep your skills a secret for long." I glared at him before turning on my heels and walking towards the training room. I could feel Kory following me. No one has ever been able to sneak up on me since my powers have kicked in when I was twelve.

We walked to the training room and waited for Malachi to came in. He walked in ten minutes later. He had boy shorts on and a white undershirt. I could see his muscles under the shirt. I sucked in a breathe. I turned away before I would be caught staring.

Kory gave me a questioning look. He had been watching me when Malachi walked in. I shook my head at him. It's nothing.